1st time husky owner

Hi everyone, my name is Scott. Me and my wife Amanda just got our 1st husky puppy. The people who live up the street from my mother in law have a 3 year old female husky who had a litter. We aren't sure what the father of the puppies is??? Well she was selling them for $200 apiece, but told my wife that she and her mother could each have one for free because they were such good friends. So about 2 weeks ago I came home from work and my wife was showing me the puppy she got for her mom and asked me what I thought. Of coarse I told her that she was cute and she said, "Good, because here is ours" and brought out out little Kali from around the corner. She is adorable and we love her to death. The reason I joined this site, is because neither me or my wife have ever owned a Husky before. And there is so much conflicting information out there on the internet about Huskies, that I wanted to find a place with people who actually OWN Huskies that can help us along the way with all of the fun and bumps that are sure to come. Oh yea, when we took Kali to the vet for her 1st set of shots, the Vet did say he is 99% sure she is full Husky.

welcome scott n kali.. loads of info on here .. really friendly people too .... ask as much as you feel you need to. huskies can be a real hand full... are you crating on a night time ? some huskies will chew things to pieces when left alone .... do a search on here ..there's lots that will already have been covered but don't be frightened to ask ... oh we like LOADS N LOADS OF PICS TOO ....:)

hello and welcome scott, amanda and kali

your first husky pup, first of meny as we all say i'm only having the one i know we did and we have now got 3, all the joys of huskys and all the bad ones to but we love them to bits and would not be without them.

If you need an answer to something no matter how small or silly just have a look or ask a question i'm sure you'll get lots of answer's.

enjoy all your husky hugs and kisses

karly

Welcome to the wonderful world of being owned by a husky. There's nothing so special - or so trying. It's something that once in your blood, no other breed with do.

My boy will be 15 in mid-November. I can't imagine how dull life would have been without him. These energetic creatures are quite the tricksters. Be prepared for everything and anything. Take a lookaround, and never be afraid to ask anyone questions. We're all here for the same reason....husky love! LOL