shura

Dunc

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have our beautiful girl and she is sooooooo playfull and energetic. Chewing everything lol. She had a few bad nights in the cage but she is now going to sleep in it. She has also learnt to sit. We are have a bit of a problem with her weeing outside of the cage though. Any ideas on how to get her to stop? I will post some more photo tonight or tomorow xxxx

kaiser's doing this as weel, sometime he goes on his training pad, but others he'll go on my new rug - little bugger!! lol

When he wee's i say no and put him on the pad and when he wees on it i give him a little treat.

have you tried vinegar ? That's supposed to stop them weeing on the floor?

have you tried vinegar ? That's supposed to stop them weeing on the floor?

steal my tip! lol where is his food? if its near his cage it might stop him as they are not supposed 2 like messing where they sleep/eat if it is already then like sarah said (with my tip lol) try the vinegar hope it helps

How often are you taking her outside to toilet?

Personally I don't bother with puppy pads or teaching them to pee inside on paper, I find it easier to skip that step and take them outside from the start (if you want them to eventually toilet in the yard). Take her out to go to the toilet after every meal, drink and play session, and also as soon as she wakes up from a nap or when you notice her sniffing/ looking for a "spot". If you catch her toileting inside, don't yell at her or punish her - just pick her up calmly and take her outside, giving her lots of praise to show her where she should be toileting.

As for biting, I would get her to redirect her biting to a toy. If she nips you, yell "ah" instantly and give her a toy to bite instead (make it exciting, by moving it around and playing tug with her too). Give her lots of praise for playing with the toy :)

Im not sure on weeing, we kept our garden door open all the time whilst we were home and they never weed in their cage. We only had a few accidents in the house which was usually when one of them had a loose stomach (if you know what I mean). We used treats as a way of rewarding them everytime they went to the toilet outside and didn't pay attention to any mess in the house.

As for the biting. We had the same problem with Gizmo when he was a few weeks old. Like smeagle mentioned, giving Shaura hard toys to chew on can help pass the biting away from you and, hopefully, the furniture. Also, as also mentioned by smeagle, we were advised from our breeder to make a similar noise as another puppy would like 'ow' quickly as this will simulate the noise that shuara's littermates would have made when she bit them. If that makes sence

we tried the yelp noise but that didnt wrk we gave him a firm no instead and then gave him his toys instead and hes stopped now hope it helps as for the weeing like smeagle sed take her out after ever meal/drink after playing and napping first thing in mornin last thing at night and durin night if needs be she will soon get the hang ov it and everytime she does suthing give her gallons ov loud really excited praise and maybe a treat tho everytime she goes out then cums in she might expect a treat even if she hasnt done anything blaze does lol blaze is good now for going out he will tell us unless no1s dwnstairs (little brother is always dwnstairs but always playin xbox) he will have the ocassional mess inside but we dnt punish him we just clean it up and ignore it (not his fault) hope this helps