Help needed with 10 month old husky

I got Mishka at 2 months. She was an indoor dog for about a month until she was able to get all her shots. During this time, I was able to have her follow me, listen to me, and teach her some cool tricks. Somewhere around three months my mom made me put her in the back yard. I told her that she wasn't finished being house trained but she didn't care. Here's where it gets messy. My moms lazy boyfriend has an untrained wild 1.5 yrs German shepherd. My sister has three mini poodles.I feel as though all the hard work I've done raising her has gone to waste because little by little she is turning wild and sometimes uncontrollable, kind of like the rest of the dogs in the backyard. she seems less affectionate, jumps on people and runs away from me sometimes. The other day at the dog beach she almost went out onto the streets with traffic.Also, it seems as tho she forgot how to play with other dogs and is just protective of the bag we take to the beach, which has her food, water and toys. When I feed them in the backyard she goes to everyone else's bowls no matter if I tell her to eat from her specific bowl.What do you recommend?I try to walk her everyday. We go on hikes and visit the beach a few times but she's getting too aggressive.

hey, welcome to the forum.

there are loads of people on here which will be better help than me but lets see if we can get the ball rolling.

First off, photos are a must :D we love them here.

Next to the issue at hand. The advice is just my opinion so may not be correct. as a 10 month old she has probably passed the stage of being allowed off the lead, although some are capable of recall, alot of huskies are just to run around, and more interested in other things to be trusted off the lead. But thats not to say its not possible.

With her spending more time with the pack than yourself she is likely to be more attached to them than with you, being out in the back yard all the time isnt a problem, but if she isnt getting enough training, and disapline, and the others are "turning wild :D" then she will probably follow suite. At her age you are looking at her pushing the boundaries, testing your capabilities, and see what she can get away with, if your whole family doesnt work together then training is alot harder, hard work you have put in to teach her to sit, stay, heal etc etc will not happen as quickly if your all doing different things.

with regards to possessiveness with food, this could have something to do with the other dogs who she lives with, depending on how they interact while eating. I almost never take treats out with me when i go to dog meets as Kaiden and Parker are not prone to sharing, and this cause a "telling off/back off" grumble, although never bitten any other dog, they dog be come defensive. Toys are the same, kaiden likes balls, and if he comes out with one (almost never) he will "go for" another dog if they even look at his ball (again just a back off sort of telling off)

How does she interact with the dogs she lives with?

Does she have to eat her food quickly incase the other steal it?

How much time training/interacting do you spend with her?

Dont worry about being honest on here, no one will judge you, we all have times when situations cause us to have to change routines due to work commitments that were not around when we got our dogs. mine are alone most the time at home crated due to change in working situations. (working on fixing that if i ever find another job :facepalm:)

hi there

at 10 months she is getting to the 'im going to test you' age

they do play up to see hat they can get away with..

sounds like all the dogs in the home need consisent and firm training....

they all need structured walks and need to be mentally stimulated with toys/play

on the dog beach can you not have her on a long training lead???

its a highly debated subject but MOST huskies have very poor recall and should be kept on lead... it means you always have added safety over her and can pull her away from dogs/danger if needed...

you say she is being aggressive? in what way??

huskies will rough play and if she hasnt learned bite inhibition can be too much

can some dogs be fed inside or in kennels??? my guys are fed in different rooms

all the dogs need some one on one love and training from their respective owners but you all need to work together to make the dogs a stable and happy pack!!!

good luck

the feeding situtation: We feed them twice a day. Prior to me feeding them, my moms boyfriend would feed them as he would get up the earliest. One time I came home from school and he asked if i could feed them because he forgot to. When I poured food outside I saw Mishka eat like if she was starving. I touched her sides and she was really skinny. It seemed as though they were all fed at the same time and wouldnt let my poor Mishka eat. After this i started feeding the dogs. I would place everyones bowls a few meters apart and everyone would get a good amount of food. Could this explain why she's overly aggressive with dogs at the beach?

Also, I've been taking her to the beach since she was 4 months so she's pretty good at coming back when i call her. Even when i dont call her, she realizes she's gone too far and then she starts looking for me. But there's always that one time i have to go chase her.

The other day on a hike she bit another dog because prior to her biting the dog, I had given her a piece of jerky. So I think her aggressiveness with food was picked up when she was being fed outside with the other dogs. It makes sense that she's ten months now and wants to see what she gets away with but I've really noticed a change with her. Maybe I let her do as she wants too much? What do you recommend for correcting behavior other than hitting?

post-9204-13586089770157_thumb.png

you can put stones in a bottle and shake them to stop unwanted attention/loud noises or a water spray

some dogs do get food aggression, this can be dangerous as you may get bitten taking something off her... i suggest giving her small pieces of treat in your hand and occaisionally closing your fist so she cant get to it, get her to lie down and put a treat a metre away and tell her to wait.... one she loses interest she can have the treat... do this until she is the other side of the garden and waits patiently.... i can take food/ items from my dogs mouths but i wouldnt recommend trying to do it with yours straight away as you may get bitten... try using a ball to engage in fetch and try the 'drop oit' command... if she is close gently try and take the ball... if she grows or snarls back off

you can always get a behaviourist or see a dog trainer to come anmd assess and advise x

i only have time for my husky. sad to say but the other dogs are pretty much neglected. Also, I'm pretty much in charge of the food and she waits patiently until i feed her. But once she has the food is when she is aggressive towards other dogs.

I try to train her for a good five to ten minutes each day. I have her sit, come, lay down, paw, and roll over. she used to fetch when i gave her treats but when i took them away she started losing interest in fetching.

thnks for all the replies guys. it means a lot.