Husky owner from the Philippines

Hi there. Joined the forum just recently. I've been lurking around since September of last year because I was soon to be the owner of a very sweet Siberian Husky puppy. Got tons of helpful information from here about the breed. I didn't want to join initially as I was really only after the basics and other useful tips in how to raise my husky. I got hooked because in addition to all the expert advice I'm seeing here, I get to see pics of other people's cute fur babies. Only, my pic viewing activities was limited since it seems that only registered members got to see other members' husky photos. Hence, my decision to create an account. :)

Since I got to enjoy cute photos of your huskies, allow me to share some photos of my little rascal, Axe. These are pics from when I first got him home in October 2012. These pics were taken when he was 3.5 months old. I'm missing him terribly because I am working in the Middle East. He will be turning 6 months old this January 11. My parents are taking care of him while I'm away and they treat him like a little prince in the house. Hope they don't spoil him (much) and I REALLY hope they take a new batch of pics so that I know how much he's grown since I left.

DSC03284.jpg

DSC03265.jpg

DSC03254.jpg

DSC03253.jpg

DSC03250.jpg

DSC03249.jpg

DSC03247.jpg

DSC03241.jpg

DSC03240.jpg

Thanks for all the warm welcome. I gotta say that most of the people who see the top most pic I posted (the one with him chewing on my hand) are kinda freaked out at how fierce he looks in that shot. It doesn't help that he was having his mouthy stage at that time when the pic was taken, and he seems to find my hands (and my arms/legs for that matter) very irresistible chew toys. Hahaha. The toys I gave him really helped lessen this behavior.

I'm also the first husky owner in our neighborhood, and have experienced remarks about my pup that most of you are very familiar with:

"Hey, that's a wolf!" No, he's not.

"Careful, he looks fierce and just about ready to bite like a wolf." Are you kidding me??!!

"What's wrong with his eyes?" Nothing, what's wrong with yours? :P

"Which one is the wolf, his dad or his mom?" This is from a little kid we met during one of our walks.

Hiya Russel and Axe, welcome to Husky Owners :wave:

Axe is a cheeky looking pup! I'd say get used to all those silly comments, you'll hear them for years to come, we still do & we've been husky owners for 7 years! It's hard not to answer back, but we smile sweetly still as if we've never heard it before! :P

Please keep the pics coming in our Photo section when you get updates from home, we'd love to watch him grow (and he'll grow very quickly in his 1st year!) :D