Letting your Husky sleep with you

Candie

Both of mine sleep in my bed with me. Nikko usually jumps down because its too warm and sleeps on the floor. Some nights he will sleep all night in bed though. I don't worry about it either. They slept in bed since they were 4 months old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine don't sleep in my bed, they sleep in their own beds in the lounge area. All my bedrooms are husky free zones - we have a gate separating the bedrooms from he rest of the house. On Sunday mornings they climb in with my husband when I get up - they love snuggling up with him :)

It is nice to see that I am not the only " crazy dog lady (person)". I tried to get a pic last night of Heidi, Bodhi, Aurora and Stripes kitty in the bed but I couldn't get them all in the pic. I don't imagine Aurora will sleep with us for long because we make her hot. My schnauzers won't sleep with us during the warmer months unless it is right ever they have been groomed and their hair is short, so I am enjoying having them all close while I can.

Bear sleeps under our bed and ice sleeps on my feet, literally resting his head on them. Usually at some point in the night, one of the bengals will curl up next to ice for a while. The alpha rules need to be taken with a pinch of salt. So long as you are clear and realistic with your expectations, they should be fine. :)

Edited by emma1979

My husky sleeps with me when her daddy (my husband) is in the field training or deployed. But her and I constantly fight over who gets his side of the bed at night! She is also a pillow hog and will steal them as soon as I get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. But Overall I haven't noticed any change in dominance behavior, she is always trying to test her dominance with me, and sleeping together hasnt made that any worse or better lol.

Both of mine sleep with me. Meeka has her spot bottom left corner doesn't move until 7:10 every morning to kiss me good morning .... Dexter on the other hand is a smuggler so he moves all over but needs to be touching you in some way. I don't think domamince plays a part, they both know me and hubby are the boss and don't push it. When my hubby is away on business dexter howls for him to come to bed for about 10 minutes and then wakes up every 2 he's and whimpers (my little baby)

dex also likes to sleeping top my head...? Weird idk

post-7252-13586087544408_thumb.jpg

Aurora has learned to jump on the bed by herself the last couple of days. Now when it is HER bedtime she will get in the bed and bark to let us know it is time to come to bed. She is so funny. She is not much of a smuggler. She starts out the night on her blanket at the foot of the bed but by morning she manages to get on my pillow, but if I touch or pet her she will go back to the foot of the bed.

OH wanted Kodiak to sleep upstairs in our room when we first got him because the kitchen is 2 floors down and he was worried we wouldn't hear him if he cried or got into trouble, so upstairs he came! I didn't get a good nights sleep for the first 3 months that we had him because every night at about 3am he decided it was playtime and would stand at my side of the bed and just woo in my face!!! This went on for ages until I lost the plot entirely and made him sleep downstairs one night and we didn't hear a peep out of him, no night time potty time and no playtime. He sleeps right through now and I have to wake him up in the morning when I come downstairs. We've never crated him so he has the run of house (except the living room) at night and stays either in the kitchen or by the front door. I would like him to sleep in our room now but I think he gets too hot and prefers the cool kitchen floor.

Ours dont go upstairs as it saves issues on hair all iver the place when they are blowing lol. But to be honest when they were going through training we had it drummed into us that being able to go somewhere higher than the dogs makes you alpha. Occasionally if Sas is ill we put her up with us but she always wants to go back down, I think she feels uneasy not in her crate next to Wolf.

They do go up when they have a bath but Wolf is wise to this lol and shakes as soon as I say up lol so he has to be carried like the big baby he is. Its lovely not having to have a gate up at the stairs at all though because they stay downstairs with no bother. But each to their own, now where is that lovely bed I dont have to share!!! even with Dunc cos he works nights !!!!!! lol. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...