Green eyes?

BelleBot

When we first got Fenrir he had blue eyes, they've now changed to a greeny sort of colour, in some lights they're more green and in others more blue. I've never come across a husky with green eyes before. Is it possible for huskies to have green eyes or are his eyes likely to carry on changing colour? Both his parents had blue eyes as did all his litter mates.

As far as I can remember husky eyes can be blue, brown, green, amber. Both eyes one colour, bi-coloured eyes, parti-eyed. Most pups are born blue eyed and then as they age the colour changes slowly to their true colour. Maybe they'll stay the same or maybe they'll go amber? Who knows for sure but It's exciting finding out! Huskies are one of the few dogs that can have a real variety of colourings as standard.

Edited by emma1979
typo

Yes they can, Kai has green eyes, they were blue when he was a pup and at about 8 weeks changed to green, some people did say they would turn to amber but hes nearly two now and theyre still limish green :) I really do like the green eyes, theyre not very common and very unique and so darn pretty :) And your pups looks so cute :) Dont know if you can see them properly in this pic, but this is what Kai's eyes look like :)post-7174-13586085339738_thumb.jpg

Huskies can have green eyes although I have yet to see actual GREEN eyes lol :) Kai's look like amber to me. All dogs kind of look like they have blue eyes when they first open them, for amber eyes after that they will look green then eventually go amber. I love amber eyes they are soo pretty and most commonly show up in red colored huskies

Huskies can have green eyes although I have yet to see actual GREEN eyes lol :) Kai's look like amber to me. All dogs kind of look like they have blue eyes when they first open them, for amber eyes after that they will look green then eventually go amber. I love amber eyes they are soo pretty and most commonly show up in red colored huskies

Lol, they are more greener in real life but the photo makes them look a little amber :)

I can imagine photos not doing justice to colours. When we went to Canada when the children were small we were stunned by the amazing colour of the lakes. And so bitterly disappointed when they didn't look how we remembered in the pics we took lol

I can imagine photos not doing justice to colours. When we went to Canada when the children were small we were stunned by the amazing colour of the lakes. And so bitterly disappointed when they didn't look how we remembered in the pics we took lol
'

If your camera has a vivid color setting try and use that next time if there is one :P

Also when I say green I mean green like the actual color green :P

I have to say, a lot of the pics I've seen online of huskies with green eyes look photo shopped. I've never seen a husky in real life with green eyes, but that doesn't mean they don't exist, just I haven't seen any:P

Just to be clear, I don't include this thread in the 'online' umbrella :S

Edited by Povodny

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...