fetch.....

Sarah

I could throw 100 sticks for kimba and he wouldn't bother thank god! Always remember when i worked in the vets, a black lab, must have been 2 or 3 years old, had pierced the roof of it's mouth and had cuts on it's tongue through chewing a stick poor thing

i can throw kimba a ball in the back garden, he'll run and get it it and then run straight past me and turn round as if to say, you want it, come and chase me, so i then have to pretend to chase him trying to get it off him, don't know who's more tired in the end me or the dog! lol

Mine is only interested in fetching as he has worked out bringing the ball back to me means that he can chase it again - and with his high prey drive that chase is very exciting! So he is very good at retrieving now, lol.

The only problem is trying to get him to tug as part of our training program and he is useless! He keeps waiting for me to throw the toy, and he won't grab it. So now we are having to train with food instead, thank god he has a high food drive!!

Sounds like Marley - he is food crazy! I always have to keep an eye when I feed them as Marley will scoff his food down and then try to pinch Gizmos or Bandits!

Bandit likes to play fetch but he only does it for a little while and then he will go and chew it for a while which I guess is the prey drive of him catching the prey and then trying to eat it.

We got Gizmo to play tug of war with socks as he kept making holes in them by chewing on them and as soon as we tried to take them off him he would go into a playbow and try to tug it away from us so now we do it with the old socks that he had already made holes into them.