11 month old husky mouthing allot

hi all im new on here and couldnt find anything about mouthing i apologise if there is allready another post about it can anyone give me any tips on how to manage this or is it just an age thing ?:confused:

Completely normal, get a anti-tangle undercoat rake n brush out what u can

Huh???? Okay, one of us is seriously confused!!!

Directed at [MENTION=8915]Willow71[/MENTION] - you are talking about "mouthing" as in a dog who likes to grab hold with it's teeth, right?? Do a search on bite inhibition and you'll find quite a bit. And Husky's seem to often use their mouths where we'd use a hand - much more often than other breeds do. It's not so much an age thing as just a Husky thang ... and obviously one you want to get under control.

For [MENTION=95]BingBlaze'n'Skyla[/MENTION] .... << laughing >> she said "mouthing" not "molting" (if that's what you read....) << and of course, they who laughs, last laugh best .... I may find I'm wrong, too >> But you sure had me re-reading that!!!!

Huh???? Okay, one of us is seriously confused!!!

Directed at [MENTION=8915]Willow71[/MENTION] - you are talking about "mouthing" as in a dog who likes to grab hold with it's teeth, right?? Do a search on bite inhibition and you'll find quite a bit. And Husky's seem to often use their mouths where we'd use a hand - much more often than other breeds do. It's not so much an age thing as just a Husky thang ... and obviously one you want to get under control.

For [MENTION=95]BingBlaze'n'Skyla[/MENTION] .... << laughing >> she said "mouthing" not "molting" (if that's what you read....) << and of course, they who laughs, last laugh best .... I may find I'm wrong, too >> But you sure had me re-reading that!!!!

Yeah totally mis read it lol sorry lol

My mind is elsewhere with some stuff going on at home atm

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

hi had a good read through and most advice seems to be the same as i have tried, the problem with luca is he thinks everything is a game and even when i tell him no and either put him in another room or walk away he dosent seem to care! just does it again . its mainly when i have just gone out to the shop for 10 mins hes so excited he grabs my hands etc.we are having training classes has been since he was 20 weeks old.he has allot of excess energy because he can only have a small amount of excersise due to having hip dysplasia (he was diagnosed at 12 weeks ) so i think allot of it is due to the lack of exercise , i have to do allot of mental stimulation with him, kongs, toys,treat finder games etc,if anyone has any other ideas that may help i would be very grateful he is my first husky but i have 2 other dogs as well and yes i knew what i was letting myself in for :rolleyes:but didnt think he would have the hd which has made life hard.i think most most behaviour problems are due to not enough walking etc but my hands are tied :(

Edited by Willow71

hi had a good read through and most advice seems to be the same as i have tried, the problem with luca is he thinks everything is a game and even when i tell him no and either put him in another room or walk away he dosent seem to care! just does it again . its mainly when i have just gone out to the shop for 10 mins hes so excited he grabs my hands etc.we are having training classes has been since he was 20 weeks old.he has allot of excess energy because he can only have a small amount of excersise due to having hip dysplasia (he was diagnosed at 12 weeks ) so i think allot of it is due to the lack of exercise , i have to do allot of mental stimulation with him, kongs, toys,treat finder games etc,if anyone has any other ideas that may help i would be very grateful he is my first husky but i have 2 other dogs as well and yes i knew what i was letting myself in for :rolleyes:but didnt think he would have the hd which has made life hard.i think most most behaviour problems are due to not enough walking etc but my hands are tied :(

Hydrotherapy is a good therapy for HD and is excellent for wearing them out. My 2 swim for 40 mins each a week and really enjoy it. My pet insurance covers the cost of it too :)

I agree with the above, swimming/hydrotherapy is an excellent way to exercise when there are joint problems.

I'm sorry to hear your boy has HD at such a young age! My boy, Suka, was diagnosed with arthritis when he was only 4 years old...and I suspect he may get HD when he's older. Unfortunately for both of us, he hates water and will have nothing to do with it...

thankyou everyone , i have pet insurance so will look into it, he has been quite unwell since i have had him so not sure how much more the insurance will help with, the first lot of xrays,scans,joint taps,days in the clinic overnight fees etc etc etc came to nearlly £3,000 , then we had him castrated and he was ill after that another £450, then 3 weeks ago he decided to eat a branch that was supposed to be for the bonfire (was out of reach i thought) and that operation was £1,658.00 inc aftercare he had an internal infection and refused to eat for nearly 2 weeks,was on a drip for 2 days as he wouldnt drink so all in all bit of a nightmare!!!oh and forgot inbetween all that he tried to eat a bee and got stung on his nose his nose and face swelled up had to have meds then to.;)