Run Free, Run Swiftly, Rebel!

sutsibe

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am so sad to be reading this Gigi it's been a sad year for you, my 3 are around the same age so i dread the future i just hope i'm as strong as you when the time comes.

You gave each one of them a loving happy life and had the strength to let them go when the time came you're a special lady and the 8 still with you are so lucky to have you.

be happy in the knowledge the 5 are together at peace now no pain running around like young pups once again but still your pack and still looking over their mum, brothers an sisters till the day your one big happy family again. my thoughts are with you xxxxxxxx

rip Rebel run free big boy xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks, Linda - it has been a difficult year! I do take comfort in knowing that they are no longer in pain, and aren't limited by the effects of age any more... As for being strong, you ARE strong when there is no other choice... What else to do, lol!?

Oh GIgi, so sorry for this loss. Like everyone else has said, he is with the rest of the pack, receiving his silver harness, and running free north of the Rainbow Bridge. I miss my Stormy girl so often, and have at times (and for the first few months with Andy) called her name when talking to one of the current pack. I still see her sometimes, in a dash across the yard, or when the light comes on on the deck, and there's nobody but a light breeze outside. I'm sure you will hear his howl late in the night, and the rest of the pack will still feel his presence. Have you ever considered a book about your pack, raising, running, and losing them? It might find a place in the literary world. Just a thought. RIP Rebel!

Thanks, Nanci - he's probably strutting around, showing off that new silver harness! I sometimes feel my guys crowding near, wanting to give (and likely get, too!) hugs and kisses - miss them all! I've thought of writing such a book - "Things My (Furry) Friends Have Taught Me" or some such... Gotta find the time and energy to come up with a plan for it!

I'd be one of the first in line to buy such a book! :)

I actually got as far as writing an outline of chapters with possible topics/stories I could cover and tell. Not sure where it is, right now, and I truly don't have the time or the energy at the moment to tackle it! :P

[quote=sutsibe;739450

Thanks, Nanci - he's probably strutting around, showing off that new silver harness! I sometimes feel my guys crowding near, wanting to give (and likely get, too!) hugs and kisses - miss them all! I've thought of writing such a book - "Things My (Furry) Friends Have Taught Me" or some such... Gotta find the time and energy to come up with a plan for it!

I want an autographed copy as well when it comes out.

They each take a part of us when they leave.........but they leave us with so many special memories - I guess it's a trade-off we just can't do without as we each keep doing it over and over again.

Reb was a special boy (one of the few in Gi's pack that allowed me to call him 'boy' without admonishing me for not calling him 'man'.) True story! He always had a hug or a kiss whenever I'd visit and loved to play in the yard with Rynnie. She'll be lost without him.

On a lighter note, I'm betting that he's not missing his big mouth kennel mate, Trooper!

Keep smiling Gi. Everyone of your pack that I've known and had to watch as you released them, have been very special huskies. Each with a mind of their own and a special treasure to offer those who've shared their life.

Reb taught me that no matter how hard life seems, you'll never be happy if you don't allow yourself to be so. He could find happiness in the silliest of things....a stick, a cast-off toy from one of his neighboring kennel mates, even a moment of a shared pat or kiss.....he was always happy and did his very best to live up to his name - regardless that for the most part, you could see right through him and find the good boy!

Reb taught me that no matter how hard life seems, you'll never be happy if you don't allow yourself to be so. He could find happiness in the silliest of things....a stick, a cast-off toy from one of his neighboring kennel mates, even a moment of a shared pat or kiss.....he was always happy and did his very best to live up to his name - regardless that for the most part, you could see right through him and find the good boy!

You're right Beck - he was always a happy guy! While he was more than occasionally mischievous, he WAS a good boy! :)

Gigi, I am so sorry to hear of your loss, from what you and Becky have written about him he sounded a truly unique character. You really should write your book as I too would buy a copy.

Thank you, Gill - your sympathy and kind words are both appreciated! As for the book, maybe after the first of the year, if things slow down a little bit - and if I find my notes! :P