Run Free, Run Swiftly, Rebel!

sutsibe

Once again, I sadly announce another member has joined my Rainbow Bridge Dream Team... Rebel was twelve and a half years young, and was in wonderful health until last spring, when a number of things happened, including a couple of surgeries and the start of a battle with a very persistent bladder infection. He's slowly gotten worse over the last week or so, so with the help of my vet, we let him quietly slip away to the Rainbow Bridge today...

Sutula's Never Surrender - "Rebel"

February 9, 2000 - November 17, 2012

You will always be missed, Sweetheart!

post-1869-13586082286927_thumb.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gigi so sorry for your loss of Rebel such a beautiful boy , I know exactly how you feel it hearts wrenching to lose him, but Rebel is now at peace and not suffering anymore. I lost my Laska 2 half months ago to cancer - Leukemia at 15 . She too had a rough ride towards the end yet healthy all of her life. I still feel the pain of her loss deep within, but I know she is is a better place now and she can play with all the other huskies and your Rebel, over rainbow bridge . Not a day goes by that I dont think of Laska and when I do each time tears start to roll down my eyes. I will never forget her. They say it take time and gradually the pain goes away but its really hard, my thoughts are with you for Rebel. Just try and remember all the good times you had with Rebel and he will always be by your side in heaven watching over you and family. We adopted another rescue husky not long ago after Laska passed mum missed Laska so much she thought she would get another husky, she is not Laska and never will be her replacement in my heart Laska will and number one girl. Kira is a beautiful husky and we love her we saved her euthansia in shelter so she now has a new life with our family and I do love her to. Each dog is different in personality but you do sometimes see similarities between huskies. But to me Laska was always my girl and we had an inseparable bond, so like you I still miss Laska every day. Try and be strong, yet while I right this tears are running down my eyes. Like I said I know exactly what you are going through right now and my thoughts are with you. Take Care Laura.

Gigi, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much your Huskies mean to you. He lived a good long life, and now he can run free.

Thank you, everyone!

Hi Gigi so sorry for your loss of Rebel such a beautiful boy , I know exactly how you feel it hearts wrenching to lose him, but Rebel is now at peace and not suffering anymore. I lost my Laska 2 half months ago to cancer - Leukemia at 15 . She too had a rough ride towards the end yet healthy all of her life. I still feel the pain of her loss deep within, but I know she is is a better place now and she can play with all the other huskies and your Rebel, over rainbow bridge . Not a day goes by that I dont think of Laska and when I do each time tears start to roll down my eyes. I will never forget her. They say it take time and gradually the pain goes away but its really hard, my thoughts are with you for Rebel. Just try and remember all the good times you had with Rebel and he will always be by your side in heaven watching over you and family. We adopted another rescue husky not long ago after Laska passed mum missed Laska so much she thought she would get another husky, she is not Laska and never will be her replacement in my heart Laska will and number one girl. Kira is a beautiful husky and we love her we saved her euthansia in shelter so she now has a new life with our family and I do love her to. Each dog is different in personality but you do sometimes see similarities between huskies. But to me Laska was always my girl and we had an inseparable bond, so like you I still miss Laska every day. Try and be strong, yet while I right this tears are running down my eyes. Like I said I know exactly what you are going through right now and my thoughts are with you. Take Care Laura.

Thank you for your kind words - unfortunately, it's a pain I know well, and will know even better! I'm more fortunate than most, in that I have a large (although diminishing) pack to help me through... I still have 8 Siberians, bless their furry little souls! They aren't Reb, but each is special in his or her way!!! The hardest part is that Reb is the 5th Sibe I've lost in the past 16 months, all but one due to old age... The unfortunate thing about living with furry loves is that they never live quite long enough...

Mazz and Al Jones -

thanks! Even if you both did make me cry a little!

:grouphug: Everyone!

Am so sad to be reading this Gigi it's been a sad year for you, my 3 are around the same age so i dread the future i just hope i'm as strong as you when the time comes.

You gave each one of them a loving happy life and had the strength to let them go when the time came you're a special lady and the 8 still with you are so lucky to have you.

be happy in the knowledge the 5 are together at peace now no pain running around like young pups once again but still your pack and still looking over their mum, brothers an sisters till the day your one big happy family again. my thoughts are with you xxxxxxxx

rip Rebel run free big boy xxxxxxxxxxx

Oh GIgi, so sorry for this loss. Like everyone else has said, he is with the rest of the pack, receiving his silver harness, and running free north of the Rainbow Bridge. I miss my Stormy girl so often, and have at times (and for the first few months with Andy) called her name when talking to one of the current pack. I still see her sometimes, in a dash across the yard, or when the light comes on on the deck, and there's nobody but a light breeze outside. I'm sure you will hear his howl late in the night, and the rest of the pack will still feel his presence. Have you ever considered a book about your pack, raising, running, and losing them? It might find a place in the literary world. Just a thought. RIP Rebel!