Hair cut?

Thistle

Hi guys,

I was wondering if I should take Mollie to the doggy salon to get a nice wash and her hair cut as the fur on her feet is very tatty and needs a trim. I remember reading on here that you should never ever shave them as it damages the fur but I can't seem to find the thread again and wasn't sure if a trim to tidy her coat is the same. I might just be being over cautious buy thought it was better safe then sorry :)

I'm not too sure about trimming the actual coat to be honest, although if it is not matted then they probably don't need it. but I have heard people talking about trimming overgrown fur thats growing on to the paw pads. There is a reason why but I can't remember what it is (fat lot of help that is! Lol). Hopefully someone else will know more about that!

I'm not too sure about trimming the actual coat to be honest' date=' although if it is not matted then they probably don't need it. but I have heard people talking about trimming overgrown fur thats growing on to the paw pads. There is a reason why but I can't remember what it is (fat lot of help that is! Lol). Hopefully someone else will know more about that![/quote']

Skyla slips more then blaze on the laminate because she has furrier paws so I think it's to help with grip/traction

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

The only fur I trim is between Suka's paw pads. It helps with traction, and his paws are easier to clean because less fur gets muddy in between the pads...

Suka goes to the 'doggy salon' every 8 or so weeks to get washed, and to get brushed for like 4 hours. LOL, he hates it.