I love fibre

Marc

Once upon a time there was a person call Marc who had a 3mb download speed and 0.25mb upload speed on his internet. This had been the case for many a year as nobody wanted to give him a house that was in a cable area.

One day a new fibre provider called BT Infinity was brought out, so Marc thought to himself "Hmmm this looks good, I'l have it!". Much to Marcs dismay he was told he couldn't have this as the new magical powers had not been extended to his realms.

Months and months Marc waited, until one day (today) a man turned up at his house and said "Sir, I am the BT wizzard and I am here to give your computer magical powers", and with a wave of his magic broadband meter he made this happen!!!!

2303140974.png

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought this post was going to be about fibre and how it helps you with digestion. But then I read and I was like: "Oh, 'fibre' is another weird British word that means something completely different!"

LOL

Pretty sure its fibre optics everywhere LOL

Oooooh, that's what you meant!

To my knowledge, we don't call fibre optics 'fibre' here. It gets confusing....LOL

Just got mine tested and...

post-3404-13586081448356_thumb.png

Edited by SolitaryHowl

We spell it a bit different. It's fiber-optics here in the Colonies. But essentially pronounced the same.

We spell it a bit different. It's fiber-optics here in the Colonies. But essentially pronounced the same.

Thats my bad spelling, not localisation LMAO

You're absolutely disgusting!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63990[/ATTACH]

But then I *am* out in the back end of nowhere!

Al, lets me honest. Your lucky your not posting by carrier pigeon LOL

I was surprised that I was faster than @Rosemary, from what I've read we ( the US ) are one of the slowest "developing" counties when it comes to internet speed and availability. @SolitaryHowl must be benefiting from her proximity to Toronto ... ??

Yeah we get the same kinda press here, but seems to be speeding up.

I was surprised that I was faster than @Rosemary, from what I've read we ( the US ) are one of the slowest "developing" counties when it comes to internet speed and availability. @SolitaryHowl must be benefiting from her proximity to Toronto ... ??

Actually, I'm in Sudbury right now...which is 4+ hours away from Toronto. The server that was from was in Barrie, which is 3 hours away from me (in Sudbury)...or 150 miles. If there was a server that was near me, I'm sure my 'grade' would be better!

Sigh. . . I used to have an average of 6mbp/s

moved house and went to 1.5mbp/s

and not a hope in hells chance of it improving in the FAR future.

sigh. . . :(