Fireworks

Thistle

Is your dog scared of Fireworks?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Is your dog scared of Fireworks?

How does your dog react to fireworks?

I had to walk Mollie later then usual tonight and it was rather dark, when we got to the field there was a house near by having fireworks. They had some lovely sparkly ones and other big rockets that made me jump when they went bang. However Mollie was not fazed at all and went about her usual sniffing and exploring. When we were walking in the direction the fireworks were coming from she stopped and watched them for a while but didnt seem to care at all.

It made me wonder how your dogs cope with the loud noises and flashing lights?

Kai doesnt like them, he normally gets a little frightened and skittish if he hears them when were walking but will sometimes stop and just stare at them, i dislike them quite a bit especially when the silly neighbours start shooting them off not only days but bloody weeks before the 5th november!!!

Kodiak has never seen or heard fireworks so we are a bit dubious about this November 5th. He doesn't seem too bothered by loud noises while we are out but I don't want him to be scared of them when the kick off over the weekend. Our last 2 dogs weren't fazed by them at all, in fact they used to watch them in the garden when they went out :) here's hoping Kodi follows suite.

Storm is totally unfazed by anything, Tanna we don't know about as we haven't encountered fireworks yet, but she generally talks over everything so doubt she would hear them and Gem is a quivering wreck at any loud noise from hubby's pda, to the beeping on mastermind to thunder and fireworks.

Im not sure how Skye will react to them, but when a wedding party decided to let fireworks off the other week they made a very big bangs, Skye was asleep she shot her head up looking about trying to work out what disturbed her so she didnt react to bad but that was just one lot theres normally a few houses that set them off so have to wait and see what happens :-S

I had to take Kissu to the fireworks show one year. We weren't close to the smoke, but close enough to them to feel the boom at the same time. I was completely ready to go back to the car and sit with him if he freaked out.

The display started and he just sat in my lap and even watched them for a minute before he got bored and started gnawing on my hand.

Even at home, if he hears them he will rush to my window and watch for a few seconds. But what he's mostly interested in is the kids screaming and playing during it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Freya isn't bothered by them in the slightest. Kiska is the opposite - she is absolutely petrified. Was at my boyfriends house last night and I had to take Kiska home because there was someone nearby letting off fireworks and it was scaring the hell out of her, she was in the garden and broke their cat flap trying to get in :( She pants, drools, paces, hides, can't settle, and just generally looks terrified and so so stressed. I hate it.

nope not at all. Diamond would flinch if somebody yells and doesn't feel comfortable around loud children, but no firework can scare him. Heck, a lightning struck my roof once (so loud my dad thought a plane crashed!) and it doesn't even wake Diamond up :S weird dog LOL