any suggestions

lacy

Hi I am knew to this forum. I had a stray at my house she was 13 weeks old flea infested and skinny. we took her to the vet several times and thank God she is healthy!! except i can't get rid of her diarrhea!! had been wormed ,several medicines. and have her on chix. and rice for long time and thought she was better and then not!!! I had her on billy jack food which is excellent food(puppy) we don't no what else to do was wondering if you had any suggestions or is this normal for a husky. being she was so young and alone for a while?:

huskeys do have sensitive tummys i found it hard to match the right food with kendra she kept having the runs with everything she ate my first vet told me to feed her hills science plan which was best for huskys ?????

but she still had runs, she then started to jump over to next door and started to wolf their dogs food down which was bakers complete so i got that and its the only food which seems to make her solid so im sticking to that now x

Moved this to the questions area :)

We found burns (think thats how ya spell it) to work well with Kimba but every husky is different. As mentioned above this is a common problem with huskies so wouldnt worry too much.

A few tips though

--Avoid giving her anything other than her food as this will likely lead to diarrhea.

--If you want to buy chews then buy rawhide only as others can disagree with digestion.

--Measure the food and give the same amount each day. When you do need to start increasing then do so by a few buscuits at a time. Sounds like a pain in the ass but its very much worth it.

When I first got Sakora The people had her on Bentiful!!:shocked: I promptly changed her to orijen food which is 100% wheat and gluten free She's doing great on it( I 'm not sure if you can get that anywhere but canada? also being a meat cutter every mornning she gets 1 cup of raw, Which can be anything form Kidneys, bison meat, beef heart, chicken livers, and so on I'm carefull not to give to much! I mix it all together, and she loves it and has never had a loose stool

Most of the time is because you feed them to much thinking they need it they dont, puppy food is very rich and most huskies suffer from diarrhea while on it, just try cutting it down abit.

Mine are both on gluten free and I dont give them beef as that seems to make um worst.

We used to have the same problem with Gizmo and Marley they both kepy getting the runs all the time. We used to feed ours on ProPlan sensitive puppy but I was advised that because of all the additives and colourings in this food could be the cause of them getting the runs. So I have now changed their food to James Well Beloved puppy/junior food they are now solid. They do still get the runs now and then if they eat something they are not supposed too, but it's not continuous like it used to be.

Ive also found that tripe doesn't dont do my 3 any good either.

Like lesley my vet kept advising me to use the Science Plan feed which made Gizmo, Marley and Bandit have the runs so that was changed right away. The problem with many vets is they don't seem to know alot when its comes to nutrition and they always rely on the one brand which may be good for some dogs but not all dogs! Don't get me wrong vets do their stuff when it comes to medical conditions but not so much nutrition.

If you change the diet, do gradually not straight away as this can cause dogs to get the runs (Its usually best to introduce it over a week minimum). Keep an eye on how much water she is drinking. On most feeds, they will have a feeding guide on the packet, have a look through it so you can get an estimated idea of how much food she requires at her age (Most feeding guides put the adult weight on there instead of the puppy weight).