Our Kallie seems to be a little small

We were at the vets this week for her yearly check up and the vet seems to think that our Kallie is a little small.

She is a little over 20" and weighs 38.2 lbs.

The vet said that it may be because she was a twin (her sister was stillborn) and she may not get very big.

Kallie is a very picky eater and stashes everything she doesn't want to eat in the yard, we hand feed her a lot in order to get her to eat more. Sometimes she will dig it up and eat it later. She forages constantly while we are out in the wooded areas, eats lichen, moss, berries etc. And BUGS!

She seems to have plenty of energy, although not the legendary stamina I have read about, which makes sense to me if she doesn't eat much.Her coat, teeth, eyes etc are all beautiful and shiny, and she doesn't have any loose skin.

She is now 15 months and 2 weeks old.

Should we be worried?:confused:

I'd say no, there's no reason to be worried :) She's not incredibly tall so the smaller weight is to be expected anyway, and with her being a twin that's even more of a reason to make her a bit more on the smaller side - she sounds perfectly healthy ;)

sounds fine to me i wouldnt worry about it shes quite small hence her not weighing loads as already said huskies come in all shapes and sizes xx

Love the pictures, especially the first one with the really "lupine" expression! "I'm a wolf, can't you tell anything??"

As others have said, Husky's come in all sort of variations, even with the door open and on long leads, mine probbly spend as much time 'crashed' as they do active. As for size and weight, she looks good from the pictures.

Honestly I would say she looks fine

She seems a similar build to our boy kiefer ie the pooch in my profile pic and the pics below, and by the sounds of things your pooch sounds abit picky like our lad.

We got him in as a rescue/ and he was about 34 pounds, what I did was bought some pemmiken bars from eBay there are about five pounds each. There high in fat and I gave him a square of that twice daily. Plus we tried him on everything he would pick at all different types of kibble.

Huskies can be pains at times re eating our girls will eat like made days other days these can be pains and not seem bothered

Also tried too bulk him up using sardines/and i made these things called rice balls (like a scotch egg basically made with rice/sausages/eggs/breadcrumbs he loved them)/ ox heart a good one too

our boy is now upto about 40 pounds now his ribs were showing quite bad when we got him

Mix up her diet abit maybe if your really concerned

post-8781-13586076409972_thumb.jpg

post-8781-13586076413917_thumb.jpg

a little small and underweight is better than this:

cb92.jpg

Huskies don't eat a ton, and if you worry too much and make her eat, you will probably end up with a miserable fat one. The smaller the bone structure, the less they should need to eat in order to keep themselves functioning.

she looks fine to me hun

my girl daughtry is a smaller husky and at 3 years weighs 19.4 kgs

huskies do come in all shapes and sizes....as long as she is eating well and the vets are not concerned then dont worry yourself

give her lots of cuddles from us x