Husky movies

Katrina

Dont know if they ever di a film version but Jack Londons Call of the Wild is an awsome book... and for watchable huskies you have the TV series Due South always class and you have the plesure of looking at the very fine Paul Gross who plays the oh so polite Benton Fraser oh I do love a Mounty!! ;)

ohhhhh I second that!!! woop woop :ran_wink::bowdown::7:

Dont know if they ever di a film version but Jack Londons Call of the Wild is an awsome book... ;)

There's been a few versions of "Call of the Wild". ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Call_of_the_Wild).

The best (I think) was the one made in 1972 starring Charlton Heston with a German Shepherd playing "Buck."

In the 1903 book by Jack London, "Buck" was actually a St. Bernard cross who was stolen and taken to the Klondike to work as a sled dog. This is historically accurate as before the first imports of Chukchi dogs from Siberia, most mushers thought that the bigger the sled dog the better it would work. It was only after the importation of the "Siberian Rats" as the Chukchi dogs were known, and their success in the All-Alaskan Sweepstakes race, that people realised what effective sled dogs they were.

Mick

• 1 month later...