RIP Laska my love 24 August 2012

Laura980

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She was so beautiful. It is so hard when they pass on. She must have been well cared for to have lived so long.

Thank you all for kind words, tommorow will be one month since her passing and its still feels like yesterday. I cannot stop thinking about those final moments at the vets. I didnt want her suffer anymore and feel guilty for making that decision but after the tremendous seizure she had that morning I couldnt imagine letting that happen again. The vet said that the cancer had spread to her brain and it could happen again even worse, she was very weak because of the low level of oxygen and low red blood cells in her blood due to leukemia. I did everything I could to keep her strong and healthy through her life fed her good food, gave her omegas in her later life immune booster natural products glucosamine to help with her arthritus but I couldnt stop the cancer spreading, I did everything I read Dr Dresslers book on Cancer and nutrtion could help but to no avail eventually cancer took over. It so horrible. The vet even said that Leukemia was rare in dogs but she got it I dont know how. She was healthy on all levels till she was 14 and then things started creeping like arthritus, deafness, warts, small skin tumours then cancer diagnosis of advanced stage in July this year. You wouldnt know she even had it if looked at her. So quickly it all happened and now I am empty inside . One day I will get another husky but not now I would feel I would be betraying her with another. For everyone else that has gone through something similar with beautful husky and lost theirs for what ever the circumstances I know how you feel. It hurt like hell in side. I know over time the pain with pass. You may think I am stupid but i still talIk to her in my mind hoping she ok and forgives me for what had to do. I just didnt want her to suffer any more or any further. All I wanted was to make sure she had some quality of life and when it was time it was time.

I'm so sorry to hear this :( How heartbreaking. The only downside to owning a pet - is when you have to let them go :( I absolutely dread it. Just remember the good things you did for her and that you provided her with a fab quality of life. It wont go away entirely because you loved her and loved once stay with us - but just try to remember the good things about it.

All the best,

Stacey xxx

So sorry for your loss. I know the feeling all too well. I will say though, you are not betraying her, and i think she would tell you that if she could not be the one to warm your feet and fill your heart, she would want you to give a husky that needed a home her place to be happy. Just my thought.

I'm so very sorry for your loss - what a lovely girl! Having the generous souls that they have, I think she would rather you had another companion (when YOU are ready) than be alone and missing her... They give us so much love and devotion while with us, that as much as it hurts to let them go when the time comes, I personally feel we gain more than we lose in the bargain... Peace to you...

My beautiful Laska of 15 years passed away from leukemia in August. She just turned 15 on 19th. It was devestating. She was my world. I loved her so much and she gave me so much love back. I could read her and she could also read me. We had an inseparable bond. I miss her so so much.

She is Beautiful, and looks like she had a great life. Sleep easy Laska x

So sorry for your loss. I've had to make the same decision as you twice in my life now and you absolutely made the right choice for Laska. It is the hardest choice ever to make but you don't need to ask for her forgiveness, she will be thankful to you for ending her suffering. R.I.P beautiful girl :rainbowbridge:

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,

I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade

I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free

Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, an on the other side

Were meadows rich and beautiful - lush and green and wide

And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see

Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be

My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new

And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright

That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright glow pierced the night

"Twas the glow of many candles, shining bright and strong and bold

And I knew then that it held your love in it's brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be

We are still connected by a cord no one can see

So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart

If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart

Thanks Zoe, yes I did all I could possibly do for her, always fed her the best quality food from a very young age I and avoided canned processed foods commerciallyprepared stuff. The only thing I tried was Earthborn food, grain free or Ocean Catch dry food . I didnt give her much of this mostly I cooked her food bought human grade meat, chicken. Gave her good veggies, regularly gave her fish oil capsule, boosted her immune system later in life with K9 Immunity to keep her strong. Lots of good natural treats ( dry chicken treats, fish treats, only made in Australia not overseas imports from china ) I also avoided use flea collars because long term use chemicals would be absorbed in her body. Laska never had fleas though, she always slept inside. I did put a very small amount of garlic powder in her cooked food from time to time to avoid fleas jumping on her. Garlic repels fleas. Laska only started showing signs of ageing at 13 years with a little arthritus creeping in and going a little deaf. I walked her everyday day no matter if it was cold, drizzling she just loved walks. Again only as far as she wanted to go. Laska was never alone, she always had company of dusky our other beautiful boy ( a shepherd cross he was dad dog) who passed away in 2010 sadly due to lymphoma. They were really good friends. Loved playing with each other. Laska only had two operations in her life apart from being spayed. She had a couple of tumours that we removed but that was because the vet said after a biopsy that the cells didnt look normal. She was a happy spirited doggy never an aggresive sign and always wanted to play and engage me with her toys we kept in her toy basket. I loved her like a motheer loves her child. As I was her mommy. The vets would always say "what a good mummy you are" I miss her so so much. Its been almost two months now but the pain of losing her feels like yesterday. One day I will get another lovely husky and love it just like I did Laska. But there will never be another Laska. Her memory will live inside with me forever.