October photo of the month competition

BlueWolf

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll sit this one out' date=' haven't got any doggy costumes and not sure I'm able to enter myself? ( Although I have been called a bit** before! So maybe I'm part dog! lol). Can't wait to see what others have got instore! :popcorn:[/quote']

use anything! weve used hats, kids dress ups etc.

I am not saying that I've never done it, but they are never happy about it. That was our first husky, and as you can see by the look on her face, she was not happy, and they did not stay very long...i admit, it was mean after seeing her reaction. We tried again with our pack now at the holidays, and while they put up with it, it had been long enough between that we forgot how much Stormy had hated it. After the second try, we said no more...so yes, you did see it, and at the time, as funny as we thought it was, we really weren't taking how she felt into consideration, nor the boys and Jessy the next time we tried. We've changed, and certainly won't do it again, because they've never liked it.

Curious who requested...honestly' date=' mine are embarrassed when we even try to "decorate" them for a Holiday card. I just think it's wrong to dress a dog![/quote']

i didnt request it. jos asked for ideas and i gave him one.

I am not saying that I've never done it, but they are never happy about it. That was our first husky, and as you can see by the look on her face, she was not happy, and they did not stay very long...i admit, it was mean after seeing her reaction. We tried again with our pack now at the holidays, and while they put up with it, it had been long enough between that we forgot how much Stormy had hated it. After the second try, we said no more...so yes, you did see it, and at the time, as funny as we thought it was, we really weren't taking how she felt into consideration, nor the boys and Jessy the next time we tried. We've changed, and certainly won't do it again, because they've never liked it.

That your dogs don't like it is okay. But to then say it's cruel for all the other dogs...

I'm pretty sure we're all responsible dog owners that know when their dog doesn't like something. There's a difference between dressing your dog up just because you think they should, and dressing your dog up just for a fun photo.

Don't I see antlers on one of your sigs? That counts no?

I answered a longer answer, but "decorating" in my opinion is different than dressing, and like I said, they didn't like it, and we don't plan on doing it again because ours, as well as many I see in photos, little ones, big ones, etc. (not just huskies) never look happy!

That your dogs don't like it is okay. But to then say it's cruel for all the other dogs...

I'm pretty sure we're all responsible dog owners that know when their dog doesn't like something. There's a difference between dressing your dog up just because you think they should, and dressing your dog up just for a fun photo.

If this is going to start a fight, then go ahead and get rid of the post. There's no where in anything I've said that for anyone it is cruel, If i did, then I have missed it as I reread my posts. I said for our pack we thought it was mean, i did not say it about anyone else. If someone wants to do it, that's fine with me, i just won't do it anymore to mine, we did it once to them all, and they didn't like it, we felt bad, that's it. Why does everyone have to make a big deal about it and insist I'm telling everyone else what to do? I'm not...it's just about us.

Oh I didnt mean to start anything childish, I just took note that you said in your opinion ( which you are entitled to, and that's NOT wrong) that you think it's mean, but noticed you had one as your sig, that's all! Meeka loves getting dressed up she prances around like she's hot stuff! So in my opinion I don't think it's mean at all

Oh I didnt mean to start anything childish, I just took note that you said in your opinion ( which you are entitled to, and that's NOT wrong) that you think it's mean, but noticed you had one as your sig, that's all! Meeka loves getting dressed up she prances around like she's hot stuff! So in my opinion I don't think it's mean at all

It wasn't you...and you were right, there is a photo of it, but she wasn't happy, and we felt bad, but still liked the resulting photo, especially when it had one red eye and one green eye...our pack now is not tolerant.