Assessment day!

Thistle

Hi Guys, I know you don't know... But I have just been invited to an assessment day (part one of interview process) for a job in IT. I have always wanted to get into IT but nobody would give me a chance/interview as I had no qualifications, so I have took the last 2months off work and have been studying for a CompTIA A+ certification. And finally somebody has given me a chance to prove myself. I am Sooo excited :woohoo: Amy

Thanks everyone, now I have had a few hours for it to sink in...I'm rather nervous as I will be asked to take part in a written technical test, verbal reasoning test and telephone role pay exercise. I have lots of experience on the phones so I should be ok for that bit... Got lots to practice I think

That's good. What area of IT are you looking to move towards? I'm in Infrastructure Design, but took ages to get there. Once you've got your foot on the door, it's a lot easier as you get to gain more experience which is what most places are looking for.

That's good. What area of IT are you looking to move towards? I'm in Infrastructure Design, but took ages to get there. Once you've got your foot on the door, it's a lot easier as you get to gain more experience which is what most places are looking for.

I have been looking for anything just to get my foot in the door really. The assessment day is for Technical Support Advisor. I just really enjoy working with computers and trying to figure out why they are broken :P

The A+ mainly covers hardware issues, majority of issues you'll find will be software or OS issues (mainly caused by users!!!), you'll be surprised on the types of problems people will call about...

It was also more about Microsoft which i don't like much I would much prefer to learn about linux and open source but that will come in time... Just needed to get my foot in the door :) I have been a doctor's receptionist before and sick people are the nastiest people ever so I am hoping that will prepare me for dealing with the technically challenged :P