Azizi = Mollies lunch?

We had an interesting day today, Azizi was out having a fly as normal so we had a hold of Mollie so she didn't eat him. Azizi however, had different plans and flew straight into her open mouth so she could have a chomp. Mollie happily obliged.

We then had a nice hour long journey to the closest avian vet, who has put a splint on his broken leg :( luckily there wasn't too much damage, it could have been a lot worse! We have antibiotics and pain killers for him for the next 10 days (not looking forward to getting him to take them) and his leg is all bandaged and he has a thick collar on to stop him trying to take it off.

He seemed happy enough tonight when we put him to bed.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update... Azizi has been a lot better this week he is back singing as loud as he can whenever we are trying to watch TV and not paying him attention :) He has a Vets appointment on Monday to have his bandages removed so fingers crossed they say everything is healed and fine. We have just got him a new Massive cage so I am really looking forward to letting him explore his new home once he has got used to using his foot again :) will let you know how it goes on Monday :)

glad he is getting better but I have to admit to having a wee laugh, as the same almost happened to us with one of our particularly stupid chickens. I came back from a walk and went to put the girls in their run for a little while and the chicken was in the way and I held the girls back to let it pass and it flew straight at them. I think they got too much of a fright to catch it.