Husky/Corgi mix!!??!!

calvinandmommy

So I was trying to find a husky breeder and I came across this picture.

I guess it was on a Corgi site but either way....I WANT ONE!!! Not really it is just funny looking! Why would anybody breed something like this?! Please let it this be from a oops litter.

post-3591-13586068149055_thumb.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope, they're out there - I used to own one!

post-5937-13586068665101_thumb.jpg

post-5937-13586068667018_thumb.jpg

Determined to fit in the cat bed. This was after she had been clipped and at the end of her long battle with Cushing's and Hypothyroidism.

post-5937-13586068665988_thumb.jpg

Trinity was lucky - she had legs that were halfway between a husky and a corgi, so while stumpy they weren't overly so. I saw one other dog from her litter and it looked very much like the one in the OP's photo. But she was a full 50 lbs at a healthy weight - husky-sized on little legs. I can only imagine the leg and hip issues she would have had as she aged (she died at 6). As it was she needed a chiropractor to keep her hips in line so she could trot, and she only ran on her left lead.

I think it's a terribly cruel mix - a sled dog with a herding dog. Health problems aside, I swear that the only reason she learned good recall was that while she was obese you could outrun and tackle her if she tried to bolt. Once she lost weight and got fitter, she'd give you a dirty look and keep going, but the moment you made to run at her she'd scoot to the side and sit and wait, LOL. Lesson well learned!

Edited by Ravenwolf

Nope, they're out there - I used to own one!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57447[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57449[/ATTACH]

Determined to fit in the cat bed. This was after she had been clipped and at the end of her long battle with Cushing's and Hypothyroidism.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57448[/ATTACH]

Trinity was lucky - she had legs that were halfway between a husky and a corgi, so while stumpy they weren't overly so. I saw one other dog from her litter and it looked very much like the one in the OP's photo. But she was a full 50 lbs at a healthy weight - husky-sized on little legs. I can only imagine the leg and hip issues she would have had as she aged (she died at 6). As it was she needed a chiropractor to keep her hips in line so she could trot, and she only ran on her left lead.

I think it's a terribly cruel mix - a sled dog with a herding dog. Health problems aside, I swear that the only reason she learned good recall was that while she was obese you could outrun and tackle her if she tried to bolt. Once she lost weight and got fitter, she'd give you a dirty look and keep going, but the moment you made to run at her she'd scoot to the side and sit and wait, LOL. Lesson well learned!

The dirty look reference really tickled me, along with the running and tackling her lol

• 5 weeks later...

omg that's so sad, although my mums comment was hilarious just then, "Imagine that at a husky meet, the huskies going up to it goin wtf are you" the dog replying "i'm a husky" the husky replying "no you're not" then they're arguing and the little one looking up at the sibes arguing aha

• 1 year later...

Yes, this dog is a corgi and husky mix. This dog SHOULD be this height because the corgi is short. THIS IS NOT A "MISTAKE". Do NOT ever say that corgi and husky mixes are mistakes because my family is getting one.

It's not photoshopped. That dog is suppose to be like that. It is a corgi and husky mix and it has the corgi size and the husky colours.

I've seen that picture before, too. I hope it is photoshopped and I definitely hope whoever may own that dog's parents learned to get their pets fixed.

It's not photoshopped. That dog is suppose to be like that. It is a corgi and husky mix and it has the corgi size and the husky colours. Please search it up and THEN comment.

if someone wanted a mini husky why didnt they just get a klee kai ???...... would love to know which the dad was lol xx

They are CALLED corgi and husky mix. 

There is also a condition that causes dwarfism in the limbs, the same as humans can have. I knew a chow that had it.

It's just SUPPOSE to be that small. ITS A CORGI TOO YOU KNOW

Yes, this dog is a corgi and husky mix. This dog SHOULD be this height because the corgi is short. THIS IS NOT A "MISTAKE". Do NOT ever say that corgi and husky mixes are mistakes because my family is getting one.

Welcome to the pack , for your first two posts they come across quite angry which is a shame as not all posts on here are negative specially towards cross breeds it's just a lot of people think crossing a husky with a smaller dog is a mistake due to the sheer size difference meaning health problems can be very prominent in the puppies , hopefully yours will be fine and have no issues specially if the mum is the husky and both parents have been health tested :-) good luck with your new puppy and hopefully you'll stick around and find out how great the forum as and all it has to offer , we will help out as best we can if u need it :-)

Welcome to the pack , for your first two posts they come across quite angry which is a shame as not all posts on here are negative specially towards cross breeds it's just a lot of people think crossing a husky with a smaller dog is a mistake due to the sheer size difference meaning health problems can be very prominent in the puppies , hopefully yours will be fine and have no issues specially if the mum is the husky and both parents have been health tested :-) good luck with your new puppy and hopefully you'll stick around and find out how great the forum as and all it has to offer , we will help out as best we can if u need it :-)

nicely and diplomatically put x

as an owner of a cavalier corgi mix I can tell you the problems we've had, poor Charlie has bad joints and could bd prone to further problems. We love him, wouldn't swap him and hope that your new pup is problem free. Welcome to the forum, ifvyou haven't already pop to introductions and let us get tobknow you better.

I am curious what the purpose of this cross breeding would be, if not just because people think it's cute to have a husky with short little legs. It doesn't seem to me that dogs could be bred this way for any reasonable purpose.

Edited by Chula

I would rethink the tone of your posts. They come off as rude and egotistical.

Don't take it so personally. You have your opinion as do other people.

Personally I think it's irresponsible to breed such a large dog with a small one. Although in the current climate with so many dogs in kennels you could say it's irresponsible to breed ANY dog!

I'm no expert nor do I claim to be but I'm pretty sure with any cross breed it's not 100% which traits your dog will have from each parent, physical and behavioural. So as long as people buying these dogs are fully aware they may end up with a husky size dog with a corgi head hopefully we won't find them behind the glass at the dogs trust!

It also opens the door for people to make stupid mistakes thinking they can make money out of 'designer dogs' such as these. Can you imagine a corgi having to carry and give birth to husky sized pups? Sounds dangerous to me but again these are purely my opinions.