Thistle update

So far so good, she seems content and is very happy to see us when we return after popping upstairs. She has growled when we try and get her bone off her but doesn't bite and listens to the 'leave' command.

Although she is a minx I returned from upstairs and found her in the garden chomping on the fish food pot, she must have climbed on the sofa to reach it. So not looking forward to her having a funny stomach later :S

Hate to tell you, but it's not the stomach you have to be worried about. Welcome to the joys of being owned by a Sibe!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nick has just took Thistle out for her evening walk (forgot to remind him to take camera again! oopsy) and I am left trying to sort out the mess in the house so there is nothing left lying around for her to chew tonight. I am sure no matter how much I clear out of her reach she will still manage to find something to chew.:P

Your car looks remarkably clean inside - that will not last long - fur everywhere and slobber on the windows...

lol too true... the black covers on the car seats are all of a sudden very white... there are clumps of fur everywhere. I must say I do not enjoy driving with fur flying up my nose :rolleyes:

lol too true... the black covers on the car seats are all of a sudden very white... there are clumps of fur everywhere. I must say I do not enjoy driving with fur flying up my nose :rolleyes:

Like so many other things Husky, give it a chance, it grows on you, on your clothes, on your hair, on your couch .....

Lol yes it was for a Spay. We got her from an Animal Shelter and they always neuter the dogs before they re home them. I did think they had shaved rather a lot but I haven't seen a dog so soon after this op so guessed it was just normal.

Lol yes it was for a Spay. We got her from an Animal Shelter and they always neuter the dogs before they re home them. I did think they had shaved rather a lot but I haven't seen a dog so soon after this op so guessed it was just normal.

with skyla they shaved just her belly area not up her sides :/ i mean i know they have 2 make sure fur cant get in the incision but wow lol

Hi Guys,

Thistle did really well last night, There was nothing chewed just a few things knocked off the table but nothing broken. We only had one little accident but we think this was just from excitement when she heard us coming downstairs this morning. All in all she is settled really well.

We took her for a long walk this morning down the canal and then went to the local rugby club field as they had a fundraiser there. I have took lots of pictures and am just going through them now (I think most are going to be rubbish).

Pictures are on the way...

Ok slight problem, I took the pictures with my camera and the files are huge! So I am not able to upload them... I will leave it to Nick (the IT nerd) to resize them for me so I can show you all. Sorry

Download vso image resizer and you can resize them to 1024 x 768 xx

Test picture to see if I have resized it properly :) Thistle being Cheeky and jumping on our bed

Looks like it worked right and that's a really cute picture! Glad things went well for you the first night, sometimes they don't seem to be too sure about what's going on when you leave them - to go to bed and get upset. One of the good parts of rescuing an older dog is that a lot of the puppy "stupidity" has gone away.

Congratulations on a good first night - and if I haven't said it already ( since most of my comments have been "wise acre" style, thanks for rescuing Thistle! All mine for many years have been rescues, they seem to appreciate finding a furever home that really is furever!!

Finally I have finished resizing... I have got 16 Pics for you all :) so please bear with me :)

The First pic is of Thistle with her new friends we have from left to right Lady (Lab), Daisy (Belgium Shepard), Thistle (Husky :P) and Shep (Collie).

post-8416-13586066894766_thumb.jpg

post-8416-13586066961787_thumb.jpg

post-8416-13586066802282_thumb.jpg

post-8416-13586066885452_thumb.jpg

post-8416-13586066903209_thumb.jpg

post-8416-1358606691182_thumb.jpg

post-8416-1358606691798_thumb.jpg

post-8416-13586066921136_thumb.jpg

post-8416-13586066926919_thumb.jpg

post-8416-13586066930303_thumb.jpg

post-8416-13586066932844_thumb.jpg

post-8416-13586066938304_thumb.jpg

post-8416-13586066944037_thumb.jpg

post-8416-13586066950676_thumb.jpg

post-8416-13586066958761_thumb.jpg

thanks for rescuing Thistle! All mine for many years have been rescues, they seem to appreciate finding a furever home that really is furever!!

We are defiantly a Furever home no matter what problems we may have to face together. Thistle is Nicks dream dog and he has had this silly big grin on his face since we first saw her at the rescue home, and it has just got bigger and bigger since she has come home. To be honest I have had a big silly grin on my face also. :D

Edited by Thistle