Feeding heart

I know you can overdo offal in the diet for huskies so you have to be careful on amounts etc, but what about heart? I went to a local pet store yesterday to get the dogs their bags of Prize Choice Beef chunks as Pets at Home had stopped stocking it (I have been in touch with Anglian Meat Products who make it & they say P@H are going to restock it, but gave me the address of my nearest stockist in the meantime).

I discovered they do bags of frozen chopped heart. I got a few bags but wondered what raw feeders thought about the amount of heart to give in a meal.

Thoughts please??

yeh i know what you mean i only feed offal in the form of liver or kidney which yes if over done does cause problems with the rear end lol but heart never has lol x

yeh i know what you mean i only feed offal in the form of liver or kidney which yes if over done does cause problems with the rear end lol but heart never has lol x

How much liver do you give ive just got a bag of liver chunks (well i will have again once i get the stock replaced) and wasnt sure how much to give

with diva she gets about roughly 20 grams about 3 times a week but shes not a big fan of it unless its mixed with mince lol x

I think with diva it's more the texture of it than the taste because shes fine with it if I liquidize it and give it to her like that lol

As above really, it is muscle but can be a bit rich also, it was one of Broder's favourites when he was on raw. We got ours from a catering butcher, not the cheapest thing but much cheaper than Pets at Home I imagine. Ours were Ox hearts though.