Yawning??

• 3 weeks later...

Blue likes to yawn at me and make the grumpby noise at the end to tell me to hurry up. Its very cute. Scared my mon wittless the first time he did it to her. Then again the first time she dogsat his he totaly dog passed out on her and she thought he died . . . . she accidentally woke him upas she was leaning over him to head if he still had a heart beat. Poor mom, poor puppy, he had just had a really big day, no naps, nothing.

Now I may be totally wrong on this, but I thought in "wolf" world that opening thier jaws was a sign of showing who is "bigger" or "dominance", but this just might be something I have totally mixed up in my brain. All my dogs have done it, but I have never tried to analyze the dynamics of the time and reasoning they are doing it. but I am also sure that all of the above is true too.

Now I may be totally wrong on this, but I thought in "wolf" world that opening thier jaws was a sign of showing who is "bigger" or "dominance", but this just might be something I have totally mixed up in my brain. All my dogs have done it, but I have never tried to analyze the dynamics of the time and reasoning they are doing it. but I am also sure that all of the above is true too.

I tend to over think things like this!!! :D

Never heard of that to be honest. As far as I know dogs (and wolves) yawn either when they're stressed or when they're relaxed.