Rough Paw Pads?

I'm just curious if theres anything i could put on Panda's Paw Pad to make it a bit softer, Or if there's even a need to?

His paw pads seem really rough and when i brush my finger against it in a certain direction i could feel something prickly, like the same if you had really dry skin.

He also managed to scrap his pads 2 weeks ago while playing with my yorkie and it was bleeding. It was like a scratch, similar to if we fell and brushed our knee against the pavement. But that is partially also because my backyard is fully interlocked so there is no grass at all.

There should be a bit of roughness to the pad, like a callus, too supple and the pad will be too delicate and tear easier. You can order products specifically for paws that can help with some of the roughness without compromising the pad like Musher's Secret and Perfect Paw Balm.

There should be a bit of roughness to the pad, like a callus, too supple and the pad will be too delicate and tear easier. You can order products specifically for paws that can help with some of the roughness without compromising the pad like Musher's Secret and Perfect Paw Balm.

Thanks, i will check those 2 out. I did notice on the day that he did scratch his pad that it was more moist then usual, however i have no idea why. Could be he was mouthing his paws prior but i did not notice him doing so.

I use musher's secret on my dogs when we are working them to protect their feet its wax based if I recall. My friend uses the perfect paw balm to correct poorly maintained paws on her rescues that have overgrowth calluses, she says it's all natural and absorbs quickly so if they lick at it no worries, plus it smells good!