Husky newborn! Color question.

JangoMara

post-8385-13586064663842_thumb.jpgMe and my girlfriend are destined to be first time husky owners. We have already reserved this puppy from a reputable local breeder. The question I have for all of you professionals is what color is this puppy? Does anyone have any idea what he will look like when he gets older? I'm very curious as most the puppies I have seen aren't this color. Pictures of your older huskies that may have looked similar to this when a puppy would be incredibly helpful.

Thanks!

post-8385-1358606465827_thumb.jpg

Their color can change so much as they grow. Some huskies don't even look like the same dog when you see their puppy photos lol. A lot of huskies even change color to an extent as they blow their coats from season to season. Right now I would say could be a wolf grey but that could change :D

I think this question would be great to ask your breeder, you say they are reputable and if they have been doing this for any length of time they should be able to tell you more about what to expect from their lines than a picture will tell the rest of us. But, in my experience with newborns I find they are born with about the same color as they will end with. Markings change the most as they grow, especially with masking. They do go through a lightening or even color change as they get ready to drop the puppy coat to grow their adult coat, it can look quite bazaar for a while! But it is part of the fun of watching them grow!

Could be wolf grey or even an agouti but your breeder should know :P It does change a lot over time

agouti

post-5415-13586064767924_thumb.jpg

And this is another agouti that I really liked when it was born :P and she did turn out to be beautiful

post-5415-13586064800121_thumb.jpg

A wolf grey I couldnt find a puppy picture but they do have a lot of reddish brown coloring

post-5415-13586064801928_thumb.jpg

This ones a grey

post-5415-13586064801385_thumb.jpg

post-5415-1358606476711_thumb.jpg

post-5415-13586064792657_thumb.jpg

post-5415-13586064799355_thumb.jpg

post-5415-13586064800913_thumb.jpg

Edited by Michelle Melsom

With Cleo, she had dark mask markings when she was 4 weeks old, and they disappeared and now after about a month and half they're reappearing haha! From what I hear from most husky owners, it's a lifetime of a guessing game!

• 8 years later...
3 hours ago, Denver Dooks said:

My husky mama just had her pups, we aren't sure who the dad is, we know she mated with another husky but we are wondering if the pups have two dads. The pups we have have a full black coat and white feet. Does anyone know if they could be huskies?

Unless you have pictures we would never be able to say anything...