Rats and Fatcat

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Had to have my rat put to sleep today. Her sister died last month of a brain tumour and when I went to the cage today to feed her, her eye had popped out. The Vet thinks its the same sort of tumour, and said that surgery would be too risky because of the proximity to the brain etc.....so I now have no Ratties. Although I have got a baby on reserve from a friend (she was supposed to be a cage mate for the other one, but she'll be an only).

Feeling very very sad :(

Thanks. I'm heartbroken but feeling a bit better as I've spoken to my friend today.

I was going to have a girl from her as a cage mate for my other one, but I have fallen in love with one of the little boys in the same litter who just has the cutest face. Obviously I couldn't have him before due to having a female and not wanting any baby Rats myself.

Apparently her friend had asked to have him but something made her hold onto him. After she found out about my Rat she phoned me and said that if I wanted him instead of a girl he is still available :)

So, I now have a little boy, he is a black berkshire with a white belly. His name is Hubert. I am collecting him in early april as we are away on holiday next week so I can't get him any earlier. When I get him he will be about 8 weeks old. My friend has sent me some pictures of him and has started a thread for me on the forum we use.

Perhaps things were meant to happen this way, something made her hold onto him and not give him to her friend, and my Snuffles died so unexpectedly....fate is a strange thing.

I had also been to my parent's today and Dad had been clearing out the loft and had got my first cage out of the loft. I have had two cages since then but none of them have been as good, so my little boy will have my best cage too!! If anyone is interested in having either of my other cages before I ebay them please PM me, you can have first dibs.

When he comes home I'll post a new note so everybody can meet him!

Feeling a little more chipper today (and I think my chest infection is getting better too :))