Husky sunning himself in extreme heat !

sibe1

The weather here has been extremely hot, in the upper 90's. Yotie has taken to laying out in the sun, he actually asks to go out so he can sunbath! I let him lay there for about 10 minutes, he then comes in the house and drinks water and lays down in front of the fan! Is this normal( I'm finding that there is no normal for Sibes :D). But I don't want him to over do in the hot! Anyone else have a Husky that sunbaths in the heat? He will only sunbath if it's over 90 degrees out side, cooler temperature and he lays in the shade. :S

While we are working, he is usually in the house or the garage which is much cooler than the outside temp, but at lunch time or even in the evening, he wants to lay out in the sun!

Sasha my Sibe stays inside with me during the heat of the day ( as high as 105F ) Avalanche, an Alaskan, is real apt to be laying out on the front porch in the sun ... he'll get up, get a drink and may come in but is just as apt to lay back down in the sun.

However, he has a thin brown and white coat where Sasha has a considerably heavier mostly black one.

Spoke too soon, he's come back in to pick on Sasha - "C'mon, I wanna play!" (( at 93F ))

The weather here has been extremely hot, in the upper 90's. Yotie has taken to laying out in the sun, he actually asks to go out so he can sunbath! I let him lay there for about 10 minutes, he then comes in the house and drinks water and lays down in front of the fan! Is this normal( I'm finding that there is no normal for Sibes :D). But I don't want him to over do in the hot! Anyone else have a Husky that sunbaths in the heat? He will only sunbath if it's over 90 degrees out side, cooler temperature and he lays in the shade. :S

While we are working, he is usually in the house or the garage which is much cooler than the outside temp, but at lunch time or even in the evening, he wants to lay out in the sun!

Normal......haha

This is in 95f degree Louisiana heat (humid)

post-6277-13586064233223_thumb.jpg

post-6277-13586064234658_thumb.jpg

My two love the sun, especially Ozzy - he will lie in 38C (100F) heat - on the concrete - and not be bothered at all - Micah will lay there for short bursts, come in to cool off, and go back out again - her coat is not as thick as Ozzy's coat, so I presume that is why she get hotter than he does :)

although it doesnt get too hot here if the sun is shining my boys are in it....we even have an area of grass which is flattened and a slightly different shade of green by them lie there all the time. but we leave the door open for them and they come in every now and then and lay on the cold stone floor for a bit, and then return to their positions lol

lol mine are the other way round they love rain i can't get Odin in lol the other two spend about 10 mins out in rain but Odin would stay in it i have to drag him in xxxxx

Ozzy & Micah hate the rain - they tiptoe on the grass when they have to go out to do their business - too funny. Ozzy frowns and constantly shakes his head when the rain dares to fall on his face :rofl:

Sounds like I have a normal Husky. Yotie doesn't mind the rain, but would rather stay in when it is raining. He does however love wind, he likes to chase whatever the wind blows into "his" yard and he watches the branches on the trees sway. Last winter he would go out at night and lay on the deck, I think he was listening to the wind whisper in the pine trees! I am slowly learning that he is much different than my other dogs were, while they were individuals in some regards they were all pretty much dogs. Yotie is more like having another kid :rolleyes: ! Thanks to all for the responses!

Yep, sounds just like mine! He lays there until his fur is hot to the touch! I can't figure out why he does that, but he seems to really like it. As you said, with Huskies, there is no "normal"!

• 9 years later...