My Husky The Destroyer...Share yours with us

Osinn11

These used to be the OH's sunglasses........Oakleys. Never worn. Ryn decided they should die.

Thankfully her daddy just asked if she thought killing them was an appropriate behaviour. (She put herself into 'time-out' in her crate.)

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=53083&d=1342910137[/quote

I'm surprised I always thought she was such a well behaved furkid. Bo and Ollie want to know if it wasn't the Devil Kitty that did it or whether Kitty dared her to do it. They look an expensive pair as well.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I got woken up by Ollie nibbling on my feet and hassling me to get up. When I became conscious I heard this noise which I thought was Bo playing with his empty bottle that my son had given him. Then I realised it was paper/card being torn and thought he'd got at the new box of tissues. No such luck he was opening up my son's Amazon parcel which had his new leather wallet in it. Bo must have thought it was a chew stick or something and for him. Luckily he didn't eat it and only nommed the packaging as it is a very expensive wallet. I think Ollie was telling tales on Bo so that he wouldn't get the blame as the naughty one is usually Ollie. My son only last week said how he was surprised that the dogs had never eaten any of the post or parcels that come through the door. I told him he had tempted fate by saying that.

Some cringeworthy photo's on here - but that's why we love em! :D

Can honestly say Kenai's not done anything too severe. Hmmm? He some how worked out that the cooker and washing machine (£30! for replacements) knobs were removable and decided they needed killing (luckily i managed to talk my way into getting free replacements for the cooker, don't think i could do that again). He took the printer off the side, think he just wanted to chew the clean, crisp white paper ;) . He removed the rubbery flooring/tray of his crate = Now he no longer has a crate :-/ That's about it as far as i can remember.

Since i've been away for the past 5months (serving abroad) he's become a mummys boy, soooo he's slowly wormed his way into doing things he isn't usually allowed to do.

So he's been let upstairs in the mornings so mum can have a lay in, it's gone from NOT allowed on the NEW sofa to getting up when our backs are turned to Mum letting him up for "cuddles" ("Get him down now" was my response upon seeing him up there via skype! Mrs B's response was "he's up for snuggles!!!") - Think i need to re establish ground rules when i return back to Uk :) thats once the "i've missed you so much period has ended".

;D

The couch cusion....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56926[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56927[/ATTACH]

He has this look mastered.....don't let it fool ya...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56928[/ATTACH]

I wonder what they make couches out of? They seems to be so tastey!

Think i need to re establish ground rules when i return back to Uk :) thats once the "i've missed you so much period has ended".;D

:lolman: Good luck with that - you are going to have a challenge on your hands. I found that when something that was once 'out of bounds' becomes acceptable, it is almost impossible to get back to where you were, and they will certainly challenge you every step of the way :rofl: and boy, do they know how to work it - one partner against the other. If I refuse something, they go to Dad, and vice versa :D

When I got Bo I was told he never went upstairs, but within weeks he was sleeping upstairs and even has his own duvet now by the side of my bed. Ollie has taken up residence in the oriel window so he can play guard dog. This is fine except he uses me as a springboard on the way down if he is excited. When you look at the last picture of [MENTION=165]ice[/MENTION]& Shadow how can you possibly even think of telling off such a cute face.

• 5 months later...

Here I was thinking Rolyx was naughty the couple times he got out of his crate while I was away. Worse he did was chew up part of a pillow and a couple other minor things. 

Osinn, I had to comment on yours as when I first brought Ro home and probably up to his first 6-8 months here, he had horrible separation anxiety that lead to damage to his crate much like that. He bent up every wire across the entire side and front of the crate during his tantrums. Thankfully we got through it and he actually goes in and out of his crate on his own now. It took some work, but I finally got him to understand mommas coming back. :D

Love this thread...a lot of people get super mad and get rid of their dogs for these sorts of things. It's a relief to see those who can see the humor in it, no matter how bad it was at the time. :)

I don't have any pictures...but today Yuki somehow got out of her crate. I am SO lucky she didnt chew on the new carpet. She did however destroy my license document to get my new plates that says *DO NOT DESTROY* and got ahold of a couple of my new sets of checks. I had them on a desk but she somehow pulled them down. Considering I had left the bedroom door open and a lot of stuff out thinking she was safe in her crate, it could've been a lot worse. Let's just say I got some added-security to make sure she doesnt get out of her crate next time xD

Don't know if I posted this yet, but I have a story. Some of you might have heard it before.

A few weeks after I got Suka (this would be a few years ago now), I left Suka alone in my room because it was the only one dog proofed at that time, we didn't know he had SA, and he seemed to like being in my room the most.

I opened the window, because it was a hot summer day and I figured he would have liked the breeze. Also put on the radio to help keep him company.

When I came back to the house an hour later, I've noticed a few things:

- It was very hard to open the door, it felt like it was being pushed up against. My brother practically kicked it open for me.

- The first thing I noticed: the blinds torn down from the window, all scratched up and bloody?

- Then I looked down. What the HECK happened to the carpet? It was all scratched up underneath the door. So that's why it couldn't open - the frayed strips of carpet were getting in the way!

- Then I looked at the window:

Psycho_Suka_by_CanuckZD.jpg

In the 2nd story window. I thought, "So that's where he went." before panic set in. Is he dead outside on the ground and I didn't see!?

Meanwhile, my Dad is swearing up a storm, telling me Suka is going back to the shelter TONIGHT. Mom and Kelvyn (my brother) are agreeing with him, and I'm trying to keep from crying.

I ran outside to check, no Suka. So he must be out there somewhere. I went to get my car to go look for him.

I get in my car, and start heading down the road.

I see something coming towards me - some sort of animal. I couldn't tell, so I slowed down in case it decided to cross. I didn't recognize him at first, but once I saw his collar I knew it was Suka.

So I stopped, and as soon as he saw it was me, he happily jumped in the back seat. It was the happiest I've ever seen him, just the look in his eyes was enough to tell me he was relieved and overjoyed!

I go back into my room to survey the damage further. Nothing else has been damaged except for the blind, the window, and underneath the door. Well, except for a sub wrapper, but that's because it was food...so he's forgiven for that.

I cut a big rectangle around the damaged area so the door could swing freely:

12065608.jpg

12065609.jpg

So that's when found out he actually does have SA (separation anxiety) and its not just 'he doesn't like being left alone' like what his adoption papers said.

To this day we still don't know how he made it down there without hurting himself (we took him to the vet after to make sure he was okay). But I think after he chewed and clawed the screen, he got on the roof, and I'm guessing he landed on the cedar bushes we have below a few metres down the roof (either intentionally or just damn lucky!) to cushion his fall.

He still likes sleeping on the wood to this day.

Edited by SolitaryHowl

Here I was thinking Rolyx was naughty the couple times he got out of his crate while I was away. Worse he did was chew up part of a pillow and a couple other minor things. 

Osinn, I had to comment on yours as when I first brought Ro home and probably up to his first 6-8 months here, he had horrible separation anxiety that lead to damage to his crate much like that. He bent up every wire across the entire side and front of the crate during his tantrums. Thankfully we got through it and he actually goes in and out of his crate on his own now. It took some work, but I finally got him to understand mommas coming back. :D

Love this thread...a lot of people get super mad and get rid of their dogs for these sorts of things. It's a relief to see those who can see the humor in it, no matter how bad it was at the time. :)

Well said I couldn't agree more! :D 

• 6 months later...

Wow... When I get home. I'm going to give my kauro a treat and thank him for not being bad. He does little damage around the house but nothing like this

LOL he's just biding his time. :hehe:

I can't even imagine them doing that! They look so innocent! :rofl:

Lol I know. When I was getting my shopping out the car. My son let them out. They went over the road to the diving lake. I had to them drive over there after them. I got out the car ice came right to my and started crying and layed on her back at my feet to say sorry. I got her in the car and I was worried as I couldn't see Alaska no were. Then I see a grey head in the water and geese going mental. She must have swam around the lake about 6 times chasing them. And I sat on the bank for over an hour trying to get here back. Hmmm. She's sleeping we'll now. And all ducks and geese where fine.

• 10 months later...