My Husky The Destroyer...Share yours with us

Osinn11

Not sure if there is already a thread for this...but I thought it might be amusing to see what others have had to deal with! I'll Start....Here's Cj's work the first week we had her! This was the result of a cage escape!

post-7782-13586061633955_thumb.jpg

Busted on the couch....after dad repaired it of course!

post-7782-13586061636202_thumb.jpg

Please share your "Things destroyed" photos!

post-7782-13586061631561_thumb.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'all can do better than that destruction, right? :P I'll work my way into the worst ones.:D

The first 4 are from Bella when I first got her. She's torn up most of the carpet along the walls, this chair, and also my old couch. Wish I had a picture of the couch but can't find one. She peeled it like a banana.:@

post-2982-13586061684268_thumb.jpg

post-2982-13586061670516_thumb.jpg

post-2982-13586061670973_thumb.jpg

post-2982-13586061673282_thumb.jpg

I'm about to be on my 4th, or is it 5th, set of blinds. One from Bella and the rest from my fosters.:groan:

post-2982-13586061673817_thumb.jpg

This was one of my fosters. Yes, that's my microwave on the ground.:rolleyes: In this pic, she got into my freezer and pulled EVERYTHING out...EVERYTHING. My freezer is above the fridge.:S

post-2982-13586061676191_thumb.jpg

In this pic, the same foster got into everything else...EVERYTHING else. My pantry, canned goods, bread, trash, sink, pots/pans...I sure do love her though. She found a great forever home where she can get spoiled and live the life she deserves.:pingu:

post-2982-13586061680262_thumb.jpg

Oh my goodness Brian :rofl: I shouldn't laugh, but you gotta wonder what on earth they are thinking when they do that .......

Ozzy & Micah aren't destructive ........... this is all they have done :) thank goodness.

This was a loose carpet they used to lay on

post-1262-13586061688365_thumb.jpg

Novilon in the Kitchen - hated it, so was quite happy they decided to pull it up:)

post-1262-13586061688922_thumb.jpg

@ Sid&BellaNTX you win! I can just imagine what you said when you came home. Hannah has never been that bad. I wish I had pictures of the day my husband came home to find Alexis covered in hair removal wax, wax all over the carpet and the jar sat on the cushion she destroyed earlier. And thats when I found out that it is not mean to crate them during the day.

Oh my goodness Brian :rofl: I shouldn't laugh, but you gotta wonder what on earth they are thinking when they do that .......

Ozzy & Micah aren't destructive ........... this is all they have done :) thank goodness.

This was a loose carpet they used to lay on

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53636[/ATTACH]

Novilon in the Kitchen - hated it, so was quite happy they decided to pull it up:)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53637[/ATTACH]

Laugh away Rosemary!:up: I wasn't really mad. It's just "stuff".:shrug: Really the only bad part about it was cleaning up the mess!:huskyfall:

Edited by Sid&BellaNTX

wow. I know huskies are destructive but this is the worst I have ever seen x) you won first place Sid LOL

Diamond has always been an angel since his first day at home :wub: he might be quite a challenge because of his lack of socialization but--compared to most huskies--he's not really in the "destructive" category. Still, he has chewed at least ten pairs of shoes (including a very expensive high heels), ten plastic vases, countless newspapers+toilet papers, a few cable cords and a gardening tool. He also scratched my front door and left marks that will never disappear there LOL worst case is when he knocked over a beautiful porcelain Chinese vase and destroyed it into a thousand pieces. Oh well, I don't like the vase anyways :shrug:

@ Sid&BellaNTX you win! I can just imagine what you said when you came home. Hannah has never been that bad. I wish I had pictures of the day my husband came home to find Alexis covered in hair removal wax, wax all over the carpet and the jar sat on the cushion she destroyed earlier. And thats when I found out that it is not mean to crate them during the day.

Oh....My....God. Those were the words for the kitchen messes both times. My foster escaped from a big plastic crate that was zip-tied closed. She was a little crazy but I loved her and she had a really rough(most likely abused) life before she showed up at the rescue. Bella is MUCH better now. I have her in an exercise pen during the day and test her progress with cheap rugs from Walmart.:)

Brian I almost spat out my tea in my laptop when I read peeled the couch like a banana :lmao:

I have not really got damage photos.

storms only ever killed HIS beds, HIS toys and HIS blankets.

Oh and once he chewed the tail off my daughters melman the giraffe teddy :S

angel broke out of her crate. thats it, no damage. just came to find mummy :rolleyes:

wow. I know huskies are destructive but this is the worst I have ever seen x) you won first place Sid LOL

Diamond has always been an angel since his first day at home :wub: he might be quite a challenge because of his lack of socialization but--compared to most huskies--he's not really in the "destructive" category. Still, he has chewed at least ten pairs of shoes (including a very expensive high heels), ten plastic vases, countless newspapers+toilet papers, a few cable cords and a gardening tool. He also scratched my front door and left marks that will never disappear there LOL worst case is when he knocked over a beautiful porcelain Chinese vase and destroyed it into a thousand pieces. Oh well, I don't like the vase anyways :shrug:

LOL Olivia, none of that was Sid.:nooo::D Sid's pulled back some carpet(started by Bella) but he's never been destructive. He's pretty laid back.

Brian I almost spat out my tea in my laptop when I read peeled the couch like a banana :lmao:

I have not really got damage photos.

storms only ever killed HIS beds, HIS toys and HIS blankets.

Oh and once he chewed the tail off my daughters melman the giraffe teddy :S

angel broke out of her crate. thats it, no damage. just came to find mummy :rolleyes:

LOL, I'll find my old phone and see if I have a pic. I thought I did. She got a hole going and would pull a strip back, then start again.:rolleyes::bananadance1::angry2:

Wow,unreal.How long were they left alone to do that much damage?.Our 4 must be angels then as really never harmed anything other than their own toys. Only a few teeth marks on a chair leg,and a bit of gnawing on an outside fence post cos neighbours cat lies on the other side,other than that nothing,honest !:)

Just thought of something that made me laugh....looking back at the second photo of when Cj decided to re-decotorate, I had totally forgotten she even pulled the door stop off the bottom of the door..(you can see it in the photo)...I laughed and laughed about that...ha ha ha ha ha..poor thing thretched as far as it could go before giving way! ha ha ha ha ha ha!:rofl:

Most of Cj destruction happens when mom and dad leave...ok I'll be honest, mostly when mom leaves. :) I've posted this photo somewhere on the forum already but figured it belongs here too!

post-7782-13586062000719_thumb.jpgWe think she might have a slight case of SA. This is what she did to her solid aluminum crate. These bars are about 3/8" (9.5mm) thick and were powder coated! She bent the bars far enough that she could actually get her head out. as you can see from the photo she chewed the rubber off the handle while she was still locked in her crate. This is what I did to keep her from destroying her crate and teeth. She has since mellowed out a bit and is no longer in this "maximum security" crate. :D

post-7782-13586062004049_thumb.jpg

Wow,unreal.How long were they left alone to do that much damage?.Our 4 must be angels then as really never harmed anything other than their own toys. Only a few teeth marks on a chair leg,and a bit of gnawing on an outside fence post cos neighbours cat lies on the other side,other than that nothing,honest !:)

I'm not to sure to be honest. When my foster did the damage, I had her crated and when I came home after work I saw the destruction(I go home for lunch so it was sometime in the afternoon). I used to leave Bella out all day. When I first adopted her, she did great but she ended up chewing everything up...as you can see.:yikes:

:lmao: All these are jaw dropping! There is nothing like a husky!

WOW [MENTION=2502]Sid[/MENTION]&bellaNTX, the microwave !

I really wish I had a picture of the bed and couch my first husky, Alice destroyed! She also had a trash obsession....we did the sneaky thing once and took off down the "road", car out of site, and hopped out and went back to peer in the windows, and Alice was instantly in the trash, it was less than 2 minutes and she went for it!

I love and hate that my Huskies may be smarter than me:)

This one is the best I can do for Grace, she found the recycle bin one day, as well as one of my old wool throw blankets. My backyard is now full of pillowcases, throw blankets, sweaters, and socks/undies that have been given over the nature and Grace, cuz our yard is a forest, she can hide and enjoy, but also likes to be on display for all to see on the patio area.

post-6239-13586062114974_thumb.jpg

post-6239-13586062105047_thumb.jpg

post-6239-1358606210987_thumb.jpg

This used to be a pillow

post-6960-13586062130349_thumb.jpg

In the back is what used to be a trash to throw out (all over the place) and then he decided to drink a bottle of milk on the sofa we forgot on the table after breakfast:rolleyes:

post-6960-13586062130697_thumb.jpg

Sadly you can't see it, never took a picture of it as it was but this is what our door now looks like. Did it at 2 months, smart furball knew the door was the way out.

post-6960-13586062131087_thumb.jpg

This used to be a pillow

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53885[/ATTACH]

In the back is what used to be a trash to throw out (all over the place) and then he decided to drink a bottle of milk on the sofa we forgot on the table after breakfast:rolleyes:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53886[/ATTACH]

Sadly you can't see it, never took a picture of it as it was but this is what our door now looks like. Did it at 2 months, smart furball knew the door was the way out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53887[/ATTACH]

The top pic looks like he's laughing at you!