Free Shadow!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly take my hat off to people who go to the lengths they do to save and bring the plight of these animals to the attention of the public. I don't know how they do it - I am finding it increasingly difficult to read articles like this. I can't bear the thought of Shadow's suffering and him wondering what the hell he did wrong to be treated so shabbily ............

I hate myself for trying to distance myself from these stories, but I end up crying all all day, every day, worrying about them and what they are going through, and then they get pts like Lennox :(

Mahatma Gandhi said

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”

If that is true, we are in serious trouble.

Edited by Rosemary

I honestly take my hat off to people who go to the lengths they do to save and bring the plight of these animals to the attention of the public. I don't know how they do it - I am finding it increasingly difficult to read articles like this. I can't bear the thought of Shadow's suffering and him wondering what the hell he did wrong to be treading so shabbily ............

I hate myself for trying to distance myself from these stories, but I end up crying all all day, every day, worrying about them and what they are going through, and then they get pts like Lennox :(

Mahatma Gandhi said

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”

If that is true, we are in serious trouble.

:grouphug:

I already know the human race has doomed itself for its ignorant and selfish acts. Its just a matter of time.

That poor dog, I feel so bad for him. In all the videos he shows no aggressive behavior at all and looks like a well mannered lad who just wants to play and get some attention. I really hope he is set free and isn't pts like poor Lennox was. These stories are simply all too common any more :(

I would lose my mind and hope I didn't cross paths with that animal control officer..... Watching that video really made me upset, 15 months for a non aggressive dog? wow....

Yeah apparently :/ despite all the witnesses that say it was the lady's own GSD they haven't evaluated it or anything. The GSD probably isn't aggressive towards people either tho its probably dog aggressive and that's how she got bit because her dog went after Shadow and it's really nobody's fault it was just something that happened. I am afraid to walk my dog now because who are they going to pick on for no reason next ?

Signed... although I'm not sure what good those petitions do.... you see them all over, but do they really help in these situations??

I think if I was Shadow's owners I'd go after the woman for kicking him in the head. That's been mentioned several times, so I'd assume it's not being contested. Why would she kick him in the head?!?!? And why should that be ok?

• In February 2012 a consent order offer was made by the Regional District to the dog owners to release the dog including a number of conditions provided to protect public safety.

• Last Friday, July 20th, the Regional District offered a revised consent order to the dog owners. Among the conditions are secure fencing, behaviour training and control when outside the fenced area. The Regional District is awaiting a response.

While I'm in full sympathy with the owners, I don't see any aggression in Shadow, I do fail to understand why they've allowed these two opportunities to bring Shadow while the hearings are ongoing to go unaccepted.

While I'm in full sympathy with the owners, I don't see any aggression in Shadow, I do fail to understand why they've allowed these two opportunities to bring Shadow while the hearings are ongoing to go unaccepted.

Naturally they don't list the conditions they wanted in order for his release. If they did im sure there would be more public outcry.

The conditions they set out are ridiculous. Shadow would be labeled a dangerous dog. One was to have Shadow put down immediately if she displayed any signs of what anybody thought was aggressive (so even something like being hyper people can take the wrong way) or if he was ever to be at large again. Shadow would not be able to leave the house without a muzzle and leash on (a leash should be obv anyways :P). They would have to fence the yard well (which should be done anyways with sibes and mals :P). They would have to withdraw from the courts with anything to do with this matter and they would have to pay for all of their own costs having to do with the court case. That's just the ones I remember I will have to find the link to what I was reading that was listing them off.

Please go to the Anti BSL site and add your names. This is a world wide problem.

Although I do not agree with BSL and I will go to the page and add my name but this has nothing to do with BSL. This is about the Regional District of the Central Okanagan keeping this dog in a tiny cell for 15 months while a court case goes on to prove this dogs innocence despite the witnesses and facts right in their face.

I agree with the lady who said "That's asinine!"

"The dog behaviorist" and I use that term lightly said Shadow is trying to con and lure people into a false sense of security so she can see their weaknesses??

Come on give me a break!

And then that one man said the German shepherds owner stated that their dog would use his as a chew toy?

Why on earth would you say than and why would you want to promote that behavior??

The whole situation is bull shite if you ask me!