Free Shadow!!

This whole situation kind of makes me laugh because the thought of a Mal being aggressive towards a human is preposterous. At the same time this makes me angry how could the city I live in be so freeking dumb obviously the dog isn't aggressive and the person he "attacked" could just be protecting her GSD because he was the one that accidentally bit her in the leg when it tried to attack the Mal. Dogs should have 3 strikes before it can be deemed aggressive its stupid who knows the person who got "bit" could also just be making up a bunch of crap because people in this area are snobs and think the world owes them everything.

http://www.globaltvbc.com/video/dog+bite+trial/video.html?v=2258095929#stories/video

Edited by Michelle Melsom
Found a better quality video

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shadow should be released immediately and the animal control officer should be pts for being an idiot. They showed some of the behaviour tests in the video clip that I would expect to cause an aggressive dog to attach but Shadow doesn't. I suspect that due to the length of time Shadow has been imprisoned the authorities are trying unsuccessfully to turn her into an aggressive dog. It's a shame that the authorities don't react like this when one human has attacked another as the world would be a much safer place to live when all the scum are locked up in solitary confinement.

Here's hoping that they see sense and release Shadow

Shadow should be released immediately and the animal control officer should be pts for being an idiot. They showed some of the behaviour tests in the video clip that I would expect to cause an aggressive dog to attach but Shadow doesn't. I suspect that due to the length of time Shadow has been imprisoned the authorities are trying unsuccessfully to turn her into an aggressive dog. It's a shame that the authorities don't react like this when one human has attacked another as the world would be a much safer place to live when all the scum are locked up in solitary confinement.

Here's hoping that they see sense and release Shadow

Very well put!

It's so terribly wrong to confine the dog in this way and Shadow will be going stir crazy in confinement,the story seems to be very dubious.

I really hope they release this lovely boy soon.His body language and behaviour is far from aggressive and he just wants to play and have fun.

her owners are planning on holding a protest and I think they are getting people to send e-mails to RDCO or something on their facebook page they have for her. I'm trying to get as many people as possible to join it for support

do you have any links or email addys.

[h=1]Death row dog gets community support[/h]Reporter: Kathy Michaels Might want to write them ...

[h=1]Outpouring of support for Shadow the dog[/h]Good video. No reporter link, though.

I had to laugh when, right at the one minute mark, the person who is teasing Shadow - I presume for aggression testing - tweaks Shadows tail and, Shadow then turns around as the guy takes a quick step back. Shadow then walks over to him and asks to be petted!

post-5355-13586060284712_thumb.jpg

Beware - I demand attention!!!

As the saying goes, this is so wrong in so many ways. I don't see any agressive behaviour and this from a dog who's been segregated for 15 months! Hell, he has a right to bite someone, now!

Here's another article about Shadow.

http://www.chbcnews.ca/regional+district+responds+to+shadow+incident/6442683218/story.html

and this is what his owners had to say about it:

[h=6]Towards the end of this story Bruce Smith states that the Madsen's could sign a consent order to have Shadow released. That is a bold faced lie! The only offer the RDCO has ever made to us was " GUILTY AS CHARGED" with the only difference being that the death penalty was taken away from Shadow and we would not be able to go to court to prove her innocence. These conditions would have been PERMANENT. All we ever asked was for Shadow to be released on an interim basis. We would have accepted the proposed conditions if it didn't have to be permanent and at the expense of proving her innocence. Bruce Smith makes it sound like we have been unwilling to work with them to ensure Shadow's wellbeing when in fact they have fought us every step of the way!!!!! Unbelievable!!![/h]This brings back memories of the Lennox incident...corrupt

The local news website did a thing on it as well and Brad Pattison gave his opinion which Im glad he did since he lives here. I did e-mail him yesterday morning and I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Central-Okanagan/78136/Fighting-for-man-s-best-friend