Why does he like the closet?

xLOBOx

Over the past couple of days, Lobo has become obsessed with sleeping in our closet. He normally sleeps on the side of the bed or on his bed in the bedroom. If he's not in there, he sleeps in his crate. For some strange reason he keeps going in our closet to sleep. Can anyone think of a reason why?

[ATTACH]52732[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]52733[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

post-2671-13586059956101_thumb.jpg

post-2671-13586059957829_thumb.jpg

It smells like you and it's as close as he can be to you without being next to you if you don't let him in the bed. Either that or he's trying to make you feel bad so you will invite him into the bed. That's what mine would do!

He's allowed on our bed, so I don't know why he would do that. But he might like the smell of us. Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I can see where it's a safe zone, where the only concern is the single entry way, making sleeping easier while needing to be a "dog" and stay alert for anything that may happen,

My first husky liked corners, and under tables, and would dig herself enclosures in the yard up and into a tree area or against the house, basically her own den/fort, she also like bathrooms if they were close to us.

I can also see the idea posted here where it smells like you, both my past and present GSD have strong attachments to their daddy, and when he goes out they take his spot on the couch and in the bed, my huskies have strong attachments to me and hubby said they take my area in bed and living room if I am away. I have found that eventually the huskies I have had tend to start taking their own space to sleep, mine past and present husky split their time up more between in the bed with me or their own space to sleep, and come and go during the night, at longer intervals as they got older. We also found that my previous husky when traveling in the car and we both would get out of the car, my husky would be waiting in my spot...if I was driving she would be in the drivers seat and if I was a passenger, she would be in the passenger seat when we got back.....

However, it may just be that you guys snore too loud and the closet is the best place to get some sleep while still being close to you. lol