By any chance

I play Minecraft on the computer (...a lot). The main advantage of that is that I can have the latest version, host a public server and get a huge amount of mods* for it. Don't think Minecraft servers work for the Minecraft xbox edition? Otherwise I would love to do that, I can host stuff.

*I recently discovered RedPower. I'm now practically programming in my Minecraft world. Managed to create a simple internet enviroment with extended redstone :oops

Does anyone here play Minecraft for the Xbox?!?! I have been playing for almost a mth now and it has taking over my life. I would love to play with other people and see their world. =]

whats it about, i need some new games for my xbox

post-2355-1358605954673_thumb.jpg

Minecraft is a sandbox-like game. It's world is procedurally generated and totally infinite in any direction (on the pc version btw). The entire world is built up out of blocks. The basic idea is that you can take/break blocks and place them somewhere else. The goal... That's what you make out of it yourself. You can try to survive and built a little shelter for yourself. Hunt your own food, survive the night when all kinds of scary creatures spawn. Or you can discover the world of Minecraft. It features ruines, villages with people you can trade with, dungeons, caves and other fun stuff. You can craft your own material to make yourself stronger. You can go to the nether, a second dimension that basically resembles hell. It really.. is hell over there but fun trying to survive in that.

The other aspect is creativity. You don't HAVE to follow the survival rules, in creative mode you can built anything you want. See it as a lego world, only with infinite blocks...

There are lots of mechanisms you can use too, called redstone. It's a bit tricky getting around it, but if you're smart enough you can built all kinds of contraptions, traps and other fun stuff out of it.

But what's imo the most fun of Minecraft is that you can invite your friends over to your own world and start surviving together, built your own fortress or try to reach the 'end' of Minecraft together. This game suites both people who love survival games, as well as those who love being creative in games.

Sweettttt. Redpower is great. Yea' date=' servers are different. Right now I play with my two step daughters (when their awake) and just recently got my partner to start playing.[/quote']

RedPower is a mod btw. Redstone is the stuff that vanilla Minecraft has. RedPower adds a few things, mainly the ability to be able to place redstone on the walls and ceilings which is something I've been missing from the moment they introduced the stuff! :) Works great on servers too.

Do you only own Minecraft on the xbox or do you also have the desktop version? For the last few days I've been only playing multiplayer games with friends (#$& too tempting steam sales going on right now. Keep buying more!) so Minecraft could be easily added to that. I've been doing creative for a while but love to go back to pure survival for a while together with husky owners :D

RedPower is a mod btw. Redstone is the stuff that vanilla Minecraft has. RedPower adds a few things, mainly the ability to be able to place redstone on the walls and ceilings which is something I've been missing from the moment they introduced the stuff! :) Works great on servers too.

Do you only own Minecraft on the xbox or do you also have the desktop version? For the last few days I've been only playing multiplayer games with friends (#$& too tempting steam sales going on right now. Keep buying more!) so Minecraft could be easily added to that. I've been doing creative for a while but love to go back to pure survival for a while together with husky owners :D

Only Xbox. I've used the redpower on carts and the new Pistons.

I've watched youtube videos on the computer version and Xbox can do less then half the stuff yall can do..

We have a computer but the kids have downloaded so many games it runs too slow. =[

Edited by Sheriff&&Kava

LMAO your all game addicts. Have never seen the attraction in minecraft, although I gotta admit Im tempted to have a go at some point.

My partner couldn't stand it. He was always like whats the point?!?!? All it is is legos. Blah blah blah.. Then about a week ago I told him he should just try it out. That we can build a football stadium together or something. We played for 7 hours that day. Were now working on building Camelot. Lol.

The game is so addictive.

• 2 weeks later...