Howling

Sarah

Are ALL huskies supposed to Howl? I've tried getting Kimba to do it even played him videos from you tube but he just looks at me as if to say "what??!"

played him this but still nothing - does your husky howl and if so did he/she need teaching or did it come naturally?

Also, is it mainly mles that howl or females or is it not gender specific?

My 3 are definite howlers. They all bark now and then if something makes them jump but its more of a barking Howl. The lady we got Gizmo from had 7 other Huskies and she said if they are left along for a while they will all howl like crazy!

I found this on You Tube and think it's so sweet: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qXo3NFqkaRM

i just videod kendra doing a little howl and talking but i sound so silly talking on it im not putting it on will try get her when i dont have to speak x

oh come on - i've spoken to you - i KNOW you've got a silly voice lmao, only joking, post it on xxx

great stuff.. played your one sarah and next thing i knew my girls came running in the room.. LOL Tikaani just stood there looking but Nikita started to copy.. but then she def is the main howler of the 2.. won't bark will howl.. but Tikaani will do both.. not often but sometimes

gonna try the i love u stuff though Sib Wolf

It's been our experience that they are all different. We have some that will howl at a drop of a hat for no reason and we have one that doesn't ever make a sound. Zoe is a real instigator when it comes to getting things going although if an ambulance or police car goes by they will all definitely sing. Funny part is it is only the electronic sirens that will set them off, the Federal Qs on the fire apparatus won't. Go figure.

• 2 months later...

Missi my nearly 2 year old husky only howls wen we tell her to sit and it sounds like she is saying Noooo, but other times where she will howl for no reason but it's a really broken up howl, doesnt seem that strong will it get better or will it be broken up, and will she do it for no reason at all wen she is older? she sometimes barks but only wen sumfing annoies her like a fly or my girl friends 4 month old Australian Catle Dog.:confused:

blaze still occassionally barks only when hes playing or teasing bingo lol he will woo when he greets us or hes goin for a walk an has a longer woo so its more like a wooooo occassionally but wudnt say its a proper howl :cry_smile: shame i want him to howl lol this girl i talk to who has blazes half brother has taught hers to howl wheneva she says speak she played wolf music like this [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-sG8ZCRGeU[/ame] and howled at him n when he did it she said speak and gave him a treat tried it wit blaze n it hasnt wrked :cry_smile:

Ours aren't allowed to howl at home (the neighbours wouldn't be too impressed) but when we take them training in the forest or to rallies, they are the noisiest bunch of howlers imaginable.

Visit a husky rally sometime Sarah - I'm sure yours will join in with the chorus even if they don't know the words at first!!;););)

Mick

i'm a bit with you Mick, i don't want to encourage her to howl as we could potentially get kicked out of our house (housing association house) so don't want complaints! When we can take her for walks she can howl to her hearts content!

Bo doesn't wooo as much as he used to. I won't ever forget the first time he did an all out siberian song. Beautiful...

These days he's more likely to provide us with a sharp woo-woo when he wants out, as opposed to his younger days when I swore he was saying oooooooooooooooouuut.

i'm a bit with you Mick, i don't want to encourage her to howl as we could potentially get kicked out of our house (housing association house) so don't want complaints! When we can take her for walks she can howl to her hearts content!

it wud b cool if u cud get her to howl on command by sayin speak (like i sed in my post lol) then when sum1 says how they want 1 u cud say r u prepared 2 put up wit all the fur tho and all the noise? - like this - 'speak' AAAAWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol that wud b funny and hopefully it wud stop ppl gettin a sibe just cuz they r beautful looking animals

Hey Mick,

were all off an one tomorrow - hopefully we can get the whole bunch howling and catch it on camera!

omg u shud so try to do that and if u do u sooooooooooo gotta upload it!

Ours aren't allowed to howl at home (the neighbours wouldn't be too impressed) but when we take them training in the forest or to rallies, they are the noisiest bunch of howlers imaginable.

Visit a husky rally sometime Sarah - I'm sure yours will join in with the chorus even if they don't know the words at first!!;););)

Mick

I can imagine the noise. I usually worry about our neighbours if my boys howl whne we are out but not had any complaints about it. Gizmo usually starts it off but he doesnt howl very often but when he does, we definately know about it!