Guess What Draven Is

Ok as I was looking through photos I came across two of a little dog I use to have named Draven. Draven was a mix breed and I know exactly what he was a mix of and will reveal it later. Lets see if anyone here can guess what he's mixed with, I will say he is a mix of two pure bred dogs. He wasn't very tall, maybe a foot tall and most likely weighed 20-30 pounds. He was kinda chunky/well muscled. Now without further ado the photos ... let the guessing begin ;)

Puppy:

post-4265-13586058066308_thumb.jpg

Adult:

post-4265-13586058066919_thumb.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's hard, with him, to see past the chow. my reaction is go to a bigger dog (like a shepherd, just possibly a golden lab) but I'd say he's too small for that. His puppy ears definitely look shepherdish but he grew into chow ears as he grew up.

I can see where the ridge back came from, but again too small as an adult.

Anything I can think of tends to be a bigger dog, which is possible; the snout is too long for the oriental breads, in fact it's a little too long for a chow. The spaniels would be good for size and colour, but again the chow / ?? face just doesn't lend itself to spaniel.

okay, I've talked myself out ... I have no effing idea!!

It's hard, with him, to see past the chow. my reaction is go to a bigger dog (like a shepherd, just possibly a golden lab) but I'd say he's too small for that. His puppy ears definitely look shepherdish but he grew into chow ears as he grew up.

I can see where the ridge back came from, but again too small as an adult.

Anything I can think of tends to be a bigger dog, which is possible; the snout is too long for the oriental breads, in fact it's a little too long for a chow. The spaniels would be good for size and colour, but again the chow / ?? face just doesn't lend itself to spaniel.

okay, I've talked myself out ... I have no effing idea!!

He's an odd mix for sure I will say that ... should I give a clue ... I will lol his other half is a small breed dog

So on that note, we can, I think, throw out Chihuahua and Dachshunds - they just aren't right at all. I think I've said I can throw out all the oriental varieties (Shar-pei, Shi-tzu, Spitz, Shin and Chinese crested [that's a dog?] ) I know, it's a Lhasa-apso - no no no .... a maltese .... no no no, now you're being silly! (( You're also talking to yourself!!! )) I'd consider Beagle, but most Beagle mixes have the white come out in them. I don't see terrier at all ... and yes I'm cheating looking at small and medium sized dogs ... even if the color is wrong, I'd have to consider Beagle as a strong contender.