Rest in peace Wicca, our cat

He's been put to sleep today. For the last few weeks he's been acting totally different. He's been very loving, very cuddly. We also noticed he hadn't eaten much and in just a few days lost his shine on his black coat. Mind you, he was 15 years old, but having such change in just a week time?

The vet confirmed our suspicion. He has an untreatable tumour right underneath his tongue. It doesn't hurt him but it prevents him from eating. So for the last week we've been treating him like a god knowing that it's just a clock that's going to be run out at some point. We had all his soft food mixed with water so he could at least eat something. Monday he went to the vet for a check. He was actually getting a bit better, he eat a bit more, drank a lot, his heart and longs all sounded good. After some discussion we decided to just continue with him and monitor him carefully. After all he was doing all the things he normally did, including rough playing with my other cat Semafoor.

The day after that, yesterday, he decided to stop eating entirely. He randomly peed in the livingroom and this morning he even allowed us to lift him (why is that weird? Normally he hates that does everything to get of of your hands), he just laid there accepting it all, nothing at all like him. It's horrible watching him wanting to eat so badly but him just being unable to, so that's why the final decision has been made. The hour before he's been brought to the vet he's been laying in the sun in the garden. At least he had all the attention all he wanted in the last few weeks up until his last minutes.

RIP Wicca :(

post-2355-13586053763035_thumb.jpg

So sorry Jos. Always hurts.

Sent from my HTC with forumrunner.

Aww..so sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful boy. I made a "memorial" shelf for our dog Kate when she passed. Pictures of her, some of her things. I also scrapbook and did some pages of her. I guess what I am saying is that I hope the fond memories of Wicca will bring you some peace.

Aww..so sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful boy. I made a "memorial" shelf for our dog Kate when she passed. Pictures of her, some of her things. I also scrapbook and did some pages of her. I guess what I am saying is that I hope the fond memories of Wicca will bring you some peace.

The computer downstairs is always on and usually displays the screensaver. The screensaver randomly cycles through all photos I've took with my photocamera. This includes holidays, huskycamps, other animals and lots and lots of photos of our own cats (In fact, when doing the dishes we usually play a game who can name the event/location of the photo as first as possible, lol). So don't worry about it, we still have all his photos which we still see every day.

Thanks everyone. It's weird waking up and not finding him at the end of the stairs waiting for you like he always did :(

I was the same after our cat passed over, I'd keep thinking I could hear her bell, or think I could hear her mewing to come in the back door, many times I even opened the back door before I realised what I was doing :(

All I can say is from my own experience it gets easier xx

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner