Hiya from bedford Gareth and Lunar here

Gazza292

Hiya

Im new my names Gareth and im the proud owner of my first time husky Lunar :D

Hmmm now the hard bit, a bit about myself. Ive always loved the husky breed and animals as a hole, I studied animal care and veternairy health for 3 years. Im now 21 and finally got my dream dog, I was never in a position before now where i could accomodate having a dog never mind a husky so did get one its taken 21 years but ive finally have one.

I have never owned my own dog i have been around them all my life but never has been my "OWN" dog if that makes sense. Lunar is a bought dog not a rescue which always makes me feel bad when you look at all the huskys out there, but from my own i guess selfish point of view it was my first husky i wanted to do it right from start and a clean slate for me and the dog.

Ok sorry ramble, About Lunar

Lunar is a 5 month old female "cream" sib husky although she is basically pure white but cream has come out a little on her ears and tail. shes bi-eyed and welsh originating from holy-head wales .......and currently trying to dig threw the bed to hide her bone so im forgetting what im saying....

Lunars very placid and calm with everything loves other dogs, although accident pron shes a natrual at agility (puppy tumble tots agility) and clearly grasps what to do very quickly.

considering i didnt no what to say im doing well lol, last bit:

Im a novice in terms of racing husky and am eagaer to find out more as i find it facinating and i think that for the breed its a better form of exercise, im also interested in maybe finding out more on canicross and rollarjoring, she is a pet dog rather then working but i do what to provide her with work like stimulation and as i said i wanna do thing right by her and think in later life these things would be a much needed for of stimulation.

I just heard noises from my other residants so think i should mention i also have 2 sugar gliders called rory and roxy, they say hi.. :)

Hiya, Gareth, Lunar, Rory & Roxy! :wave:

Welcome to the mad house! Congrats on being owned by your first husky! She sounds a gorgeous pup, hope you can post pics of her, we're a bit mad on pics on here!

Don't rush in to the racing side of things just yet, Lunar is a bit young - we have a few threads on the forum that fully explain all about it.

Does Lunar leave Rory & Roxy alone or does she sit fascinated by them?! Sugar gliders are gorgeous little creatures!

Well, I'll leave you to mooch around the forum & look forward to pics & chatting with you around here, xxx

Hiya thanks for the welcome, i think i just posted a pic in the member section just leaning how to get around at the mo Lol

I know sorry i should have said not racing now lol no no i ment when she was at least 1 - 1+ but as i said i know nothing really so will read around :)

she hasnt really seen them to be honest, more interested in the cat Lol but the cat doesnt really care she may do when it changes from i wanna play to i wanna eat you but for now the cat has control and tell her off so not so bad

she hasnt really seen them to be honest, more interested in the cat Lol but the cat doesnt really care she may do when it changes from i wanna play to i wanna eat you but for now the cat has control and tell her off so not so bad

Aw, poor cat, it won't know what's hit it in a few months when Lunar's pushing the boundaries & trying to be the dominant one! :D

Hey ya Gareth, Luna, Rory & Roxy, :wave:

Welcome to the pack!!! Hope you enjoy the site and make lots of friends chatting about this lovely Breed :D I really look forward to chatting to you and would defo love to see some pics of Luna, Rory and Roxy!!! Please feel free to ask any questions cause everyone is really nice on here and would be happy to help!! The site also has meet up days with the Huskies and plus are going camping in Oct and you would be more then welcome to come if you are free??

At the risk of sounding dumb.........but what is Sugar gliders??? :confused: I see tony has wrote cats????

LOL sorry for the silly question never heard of that befor :D

LOL no gliders arnt cats, Sugar gliders are a type of marsupial, orginate from ausie land, Tasmania, New Guinea, and the neighboring islands of Indonesia, ive posted some pics of my two in my albums list.

I have also think masterd how to do albums and have pic spammed you all Lol

I have some videos of lunar on youtube: youtube.com/gazza292 but non of the gliders on there yet although i should :S

Camping sound brill actally, how would that work out with the dogs i was wondering that the other day when we were discussing a camping hick at some point next year. what happens on meet ups etc sound fine and i like lunar meeting other husky and meeting other husky owner that understand that when they grumble and mouth and thing it doesnt mean there going to kill the dog Lol

Aww WOW what a cool pet!!!! Iv seen them befor but never knew that was what they was called :D defo cant wit to see some pics & videos of them!! Thanks Val Added top Rep x x

Are they a hard pet to look after???? they look so soft :D I want one now!! I had a ferret and I thought it was cool having one but to have a sugar glider must be great.....

Camping sound brill actually, how would that work out with the dogs i was wondering that the other day when we were discussing a camping hick at some point next year. what happens on meet ups etc sound fine and i like lunar meeting other husky and meeting other husky owner that understand that when they grumble and mouth and thing it doesn't mean there going to kill the dog Lol

It's great for huskies to meet other huskies & play like they should, it would be great if you could make the meet in Heaton Park, Manchester on Sunday afternoon .... we meet up, let the dogs say hello to each other (takes about half an hour with all of them!) then we all walk them together, to the amusement of everyone else in the park! Stay as long or as little as you like, really!

The camping is, as Ade said, huskies in crates of a night & on leads tied to ground spikes or vehicles in between walks of a daytime, all good fun! :grinning-smiley-003

Aww WOW what a cool pet!!!! Iv seen them befor but never knew that was what they was called :D defo cant wit to see some pics & videos of them!! Thanks Val Added top Rep x x

Are they a hard pet to look after???? they look so soft :D I want one now!! I had a ferret and I thought it was cool having one but to have a sugar glider must be great.....

Erm i wouldnt say they were hard, just require alot of time and some education before purchase just with things like there diet mixs, setting up there home etc and the time because a glider is kinda like the dog in the sense it can distinguis between people and forms bonds with people it spends time with they can also just not like someone for no reason lol

U use thing like bonding pouchs so while they sleep they hand round your neck, o forgot to mention their nocturnal so they sleep in the day and only awake when the sun goes down, i would link a forum to find out more info on them, but dont no if i should advertise another forum on a forum i.e am i allowed to lol

Hi sarah thanks for the welcome, everyone seems really friendly, Im from bedford so further down south, u know that area of the uk where you very occasionally get to see the sun lol i would love to have come this sunday but sadly i dont drive so getting the pup to manchester and back would be difficult as for the camping that would be brilliant, lunars slept outside before so the shock shouldnt kill her lol turning her into a softy me thinks but its so hard not to.

By the way everyone you'll have to excuse all my typos i really need to start proof reading things but its just laziness really but you'll get use to it

Erm i wouldnt say they were hard, just require alot of time and some education before purchase just with things like there diet mixs, setting up there home etc and the time because a glider is kinda like the dog in the sense it can distinguis between people and forms bonds with people it spends time with they can also just not like someone for no reason lol

U use thing like bonding pouchs so while they sleep they hand round your neck, o forgot to mention their nocturnal so they sleep in the day and only awake when the sun goes down, i would link a forum to find out more info on them, but dont no if i should advertise another forum on a forum i.e am i allowed to lol

Hi sarah thanks for the welcome, everyone seems really friendly, Im from bedford so further down south, u know that area of the uk where you very occasionally get to see the sun lol i would love to have come this sunday but sadly i dont drive so getting the pup to manchester and back would be difficult as for the camping that would be brilliant, lunars slept outside before so the shock shouldnt kill her lol turning her into a softy me thinks but its so hard not to.

By the way everyone you'll have to excuse all my typos i really need to start proof reading things but its just laziness really but you'll get use to it

LOL... :D I guess in one way They are alot like Huskies you need to do the research befor getting one. Can I be nosey and ask where would you get one from and how much would you have to pay??? I bet they aint cheap.

You have to so come camping and tell me all about them!!

Hi Gazza this is gonna sound dumb cuz i shud probs no but bedfords near coventry ent it? (if it is if u ever fancy meetin in cov 2 let luna n my boy Blaze (and Bingo) play then that wud b cool - just let me no cnt w8 2 see sum more pics ov all ur pets specially the sugar gliders they look so cute - never heard ov them b4 hope u enjoy it here :)

LOL... :D I guess in one way They are alot like Huskies you need to do the research befor getting one. Can I be nosey and ask where would you get one from and how much would you have to pay??? I bet they aint cheap.

You have to so come camping and tell me all about them!!

YEP reaseach is defo a must but they really do make brillant pets when done right. I wouldnt reccomend getting on from pet shops and things like that as some pets shops get stock like this in without acatlly knowing what to do with it, there been cases of them in tanks and allsorts

there will be adds for them and on that forum http://www.sugar-glider.co.uk/forum/index.php theres some good breeders and things, i will be breeding mine well i say i will be breeding what i mean is my males intake and shes sexually mature so its when ever they decide to do the bussiness really if they do average price is 150 pound for male or femal in the uk we only get normals and greys which is a shame as the pure white ones look amazing

Here a custom made pouch i just got them

post-694-13585943872868_thumb.jpg