scootering rallies

Sid_Wolf

hey does anyone know of any rallies for huskies that aren't KC reg? i want to enter kira into one when shes old enough and has had more training but all the one i can find are for KC reg ones :mad:

also does anyone know of any new/2nd hand equipment going on the cheap??

hey had a look on the bshra website and similar one but to enter the races she has to be spayed :tdown: a no go cuz i wanna breed her (she is a pedigree she just has no papers) guess i'll just have to wait until i get my male :grinning-smiley-003

hi, bshra is really your only option, you need to be very careful breeding from an unregistered dog, u cannot have any confirmation of the dogs pedigree and therefore may breed her with a dog too closely related....this increases the risk of hereditry problems being passed onto the pups. Are you planning on having her hipscored and eye tested before breeding from her? I kniw this may seem un-necesarry if u are breeding for pets but it really is not in the best interest of the pups if there is a risk of these hereditry problems.

Hi sid, ABSA have a NPSD register , which you can run non pedigree dogs in, i had my collie-x & border collie on it when they were running with my sibes. They used to run in the absa races. They have to be neutered dogs too & you have to give them a letter from your vet to say they have been done. Here is the link, @ the bottom is info on the npsd register on the introduction page

http://www.absasleddogracing.org.uk/index.htm

Are you planning to Breed for the love of the animal and have your very own pack of sibes or just to make a few quid and sell non KC reg pups on the cheap to people who know nothing of the breed think they are cute with the blue eyes then realise at 7 months old how much hard work a sibe really is and want to get rid or just dump them in a kennal? that is exactly the situation we believe the family were in when we got our sibe! lucky for him he got a second chance and a home others are not so lucky....

Please think long and hard about what you wany to do, im not judging or critisizing you, its just that sibes are very hard work and not everyones cup of tea no matter how nice they look, we already have so many sibes out there looking for homes because they have been abandoned by people who could not cope with them anymore we really dont want anymore....

As for the scootering i have not got a scoobie doo............lol

Hi, welcome to the pack :)

BSHRA will let you i think but they have someone "look over" your sibe first - they race down south as well.

Hopefully someone on here that races may be able to help more :)

Thats right sarah, it has to be x2 championship judges that go over your sibe to say it is a siberian husky, i think caroline kisko did the letter for mishka & she has a number too for racing, she hasn't actually done a race yet though.

just because she is an unregistered dog doesnt mean i'm not a responsible owner or breeder, anyone interested in buying one of the pups will be warned about the personality traits and problems that can occur in the breed and I will try to keep regular contact with anyone who buys one. they will obviously be cheaper but they wont be sold to just anybody. What you should be focusing on is the assholes all over the internet using the breed as money making scams, saying they have puppies for sale cheap for whatever reason, then when you contact them they have convieniently moved to the north of scotland and they can deliver you the pup for 150+, and guess what, there are no pups! surely this is worse than a responible person wanting to give their dog a chance of having a litter or 2?:verwirrt:

just because she is an unregistered dog doesnt mean i'm not a responsible owner or breeder

Im not disputing you may be a responsible owner, the owner of any dog, registered or otherwise can be an excellent dog owner, but unfortunatley the ONLY responsible way to produce pups is to know you are minimising the problems that exist in the breed and not adding to them, which can only be done if you know and fully research at least the first 5 generations of both thats litters parents and their health and temperament backgrounds at the very least. Responsible breeders spend a LOT of time doing this, which is reflected in the pups they produce, and also reflected in the fact that this is the section of the 'market' NOT causing rescue and welfare organisations huge headaches and heartach picking up the aftermath of litters bred outside these criteria.

There are indeed also plenty of irresponsible breeders producing registered pups from registered parents, and sorry if you don't like it, but as far as Im concerned, a resposible owner who breeds from an unregistered dog then becomes an irresponsible owner AND breeder as their reasons for breeding do not include having the best interests of the breed at the forefront of those reasons. How can they? What they produce cannot add anything to the breed other than non-pedigree population.

dont suppose you watched pedigree dogs exposed?? (bbc i think) all about pedigree breeders breeding from dogs and bitches with known problems, all because of the demand for them. pedigree dogs are bred for the way they look, if they look nice then wayhay, what do the health implications matter? e.g rodesian ridgebacks, the ridge is a spinal deformaty, but pups born without a ridge? killed! the permenant 'over the back' curled tail an akita has (and a few pedigree huskies i'v seen) is due to a deformaty of the spine, bulldogs muzzles causing breathing problems, King charles spaniels small heads being too small for the brain, gsd's rear end being slanted causing them walking difficulies. no one thinks about this when they think KC, they think, well its registered so it must be good. some of the healthiest dogs with the longest lifespan are heinz 57's, so why are these dogs not given the same respect as one which have a certificate, it doesnt make them better dogs. and what about people who grow up never knowing their real parents, grand parents etc, are they not allowed to breed? its the same principle.

i dont see anyone saying just because a dog is kc reg it has been bred well, i personally would look into the breeder far deeper than just that they are offering kc pups, thats just the tip of the iceburgh! And i have very strong opinions on the backyard breeders that produce litter upon litter of registered or unreg pups just because its a popular breed! U are correct people who dont know their parents etc do go on and gave children, but just look what happens when people who are closely related have children.......hereditry problem upon problem upon problem! There isnt a large enough mix of genes to give the off spring the chance of not inheriting such conditions! I'm nit saying knowing the dogs 5 generation pedegree prevents such problems, but allows for the risks to be drastically reduced.....or if the history usnt good the choice nit to breed from that dog made, which in my opion any good breeder would do! Also sonething worth considering.....if u have a litter tgat gas health problems and they get returned to you as the breeder are you going to manage with the dogs being returned?

dont suppose you watched pedigree dogs exposed?? (bbc i think) all about pedigree breeders breeding from dogs and bitches with known problems, all because of the demand for them. pedigree dogs are bred for the way they look, if they look nice then wayhay, what do the health implications matter?

I dont suppose you are aware of the fact that these shows are on television to make money, give the viewers entertainment, and edit every second to show you exactly what they want you to see? Dont assume just because we comment that we have not seen these programs, you are talking to some people on here with a lot of experience and none have jumped down your throat which is the responce you would have usually recieved. Please read the advice given as it is important.

e.g rodesian ridgebacks, the ridge is a spinal deformaty, but pups born without a ridge? killed! the permenant 'over the back' curled tail an akita has (and a few pedigree huskies i'v seen) is due to a deformaty of the spine, bulldogs muzzles causing breathing problems, King charles spaniels small heads being too small for the brain, gsd's rear end being slanted causing them walking difficulies. no one thinks about this when they think KC, they think, well its registered so it must be good.

OK, you have to read your own posts before you think about putting a reply like this. You have stated that your dog is pedegree, just not got the papers. The problems are caused by irresponsible pedegree breeders, not by the kennel club. If your dog is as you have stated, a siberian husky, however you have no papers then you could well breed with a decent dog, however for all you know that dog may be its brother. This is the advice people are trying to give you however you chose to have a dig at people for this. They have not had a dig at you, simply given you sound advice.

some of the healthiest dogs with the longest lifespan are heinz 57's, so why are these dogs not given the same respect as one which have a certificate, it doesnt make them better dogs. and what about people who grow up never knowing their real parents, grand parents etc, are they not allowed to breed? its the same principle.

Firstly nobody said these dogs are not given respect other than yourself, so I would appreciate you not putting words into other peoples mouths. When someone says as much, then you have my full appreciation for pulling them to pieces, until then, please refrain from argueing with nobody but yourself. It is not constructive in the slightest.

And no it is far from the same principle comparing people to huskies.... Let me show you why:-

My Home Town: Rochdale

Husky population that I know of is about 20 tops and I know most, but lets say I dont know half and exadurate it at 50. So lets say half are female and I own one of the males. That gives me 1/25th of a chance to be breeding with family if only 1 of them is related.

Human population is currently 205357 acording to latest stats. 105652 of them are female. SO, statistically if I have 299 sisters and 1 mother (yeah impossible but lets live on the wild side) and I screw every woman in rochdale, I still only have 1/352th of a chance of ever sleeping with one of my relatives.

Now please can you listen to what people are saying and actually think about what you reply rather than replying with something meaningless as its getting on my nerves. You are breeding without any regard for the health of the pups as you have no way of knowing if you are breeding with a close relative or not, and the chances of this are significantly increased since you are breeding with the same breed and it will be one that is unregistered. There are not going to be very many of these that have come from the same area.

BTW:- I'm the member of staff that wasnt likely to reply. Good luck.

ok my bad, i dint come on here to argue with any body, or start any arguements, but i got annoyed at being critisised for wanting to breed my dog, im not stupid, i plan to take steps to minimise the risks that i can via screening, and i was going to go further afield to get my male, who will also be screened etc, we have very few huskies in my town, about 4 that i know of, including kira. anyway not sure how this tread turned into this as my plan is not to breed her for a while, as i want to train her in scootering first, then get a male pup to breed with her when he's older. sorry guys, forgiven??

oh and just for the record the show was purely based on fact, i study animal management and have spoken to a crufts judge and staff breeder who confirmed this, tho i do agree that this not all breeders do this and that was not the point i was trying to make.

I think what people have put comes from the heart and love of the breed, no one wants to see pups being born with deformities which breeding from un registered can cause and so many end up in shelters it's so sad to see.

I would just take all of the above as advice, and not as a personal dig - the same advice is given to all people that enquire, it's a big thing to get into and one not to be taken lightly....husky hugs

One thing to look into when breeding is what happens if something goes wrong, insurance wont cover the costly expense of an emergency c section - just one of many things to consider.

I think it's great that you're looking into running them, there's nothing better than seeing a husky do what it was born to :) I've run my boys a few times and it's the best feeling in the world! :D:D

If you get a chance to attend any of the rallies next season, you can pick up so much from others there i've been to a couple and have learnt to much from standing on the side lines and watching it's great to see :)

yea i love running her, i dont have all the right equipment yet, she has a harness and i use a scooter i had when i was a kid, saving up to get a proper one, she loves it tho, my fiance bikes ahead and calls her and i encourage her to get him, the concentration she has is amazing. as for the breeding, i want to get another female (i want a pack lol) so i may not even breed kira, but i have a while to decide, she only just started her first season.