Sign in to follow this  
Hyshqa

October Camp, 12th-15th (South)

Ditto to the above! And despite being busy with a new job and moving house tomorrow I'm also still putting together the itinerary for the weekend! More people = more FUN so book up!!

can anyone bring a gazebo or 2 just in case the weather takes a turn for the worst????........... and dont forget to bring your chairs, and what about bringing bbq's for saturday and we can have a communal bbq.....im not taking responsibility for burning everyones dinner. lmao.....

is it not the done thing to contact people and ask them if they are going???..... if its ok to do this then ill try and contact the group that is to the left of the new forest as there is about 10 members there and i dont think they have written anything on here. prob best to text me though steph as i dont come on here much

So people....12 days left until camp!! Hope everyone is almost ready! I'll be putting up the South Camp Itinerary soon so keep an eye out for that, but for now - [MENTION=7203]Erinc[/MENTION] [MENTION=8136]julie4[/MENTION] [MENTION=1752]Povodny[/MENTION] [MENTION=5430]Biggles[/MENTION] [MENTION=8416]Thistle[/MENTION] [MENTION=5918]Molly's_Dad[/MENTION] and anyone else that was considering going - have you booked yet???????? :D The outlook isn't too bad now as a few people have booked :) But it would be even better if MORE booked! :D

I know i've been saying im going to book for a while now! lol! I have tried, a few times, without success, I will continue calling the numbers listed over the next few days and try and get us booked!

To be honest, we've been given our own field so it's not exactly going to be fully booked! :P If you know you can go and are trying/failing to get through to book, then just let me know when you're coming down, I'll add you to the list, and just turn up - they won't turn you away on the day, they'll have the room for you and you don't have to pay a deposit beforehand anyway so you'll be fine ;)

Well I'm really sorry chaps, not that you'll miss us but we won't be able to make the camp this oct. I have no leave left at work after I had to take my remaining week for a family emergency. My grandaughter convulsed and stopped breathing. Paramedics were called and she was rushed into hospital. Consequently I dashed down to be with her mum which used the last of my hols.

Ive been trying to see if I could get down for the day but that's dependant on whether my daughter is willing to be invaded by the Huskateers as to drive there an back in a day is at least 8 hrs round trip

Have a great time and I'm really disappointed not to have experienced camp

awww so sorry to hear about your grandaughter - hope she's ok xxx

awww so sorry to hear about your grandaughter - hope she's ok xxx

Shes good now thank you. I could have worded it better, it was actually in July but all my leave had been taken apart from that week

Ive been trying to see if I could get down for the day but that's dependant on whether my daughter is willing to be invaded by the Huskateers as to drive there an back in a day is at least 8 hrs round trip

That's no problem at all, don't worry about it :) If you're keen to try a day visit, maybe consider the North Camp? It's much closer to you so would be more convenient for a day trip down :)

[MENTION=2580]Hy'Shqa[/MENTION] can come and visit for the day but I don't camp. Will be able to come and visit for one of the days of the weekend. Don't know which day yet as one of the days at the weekend I am committed to another event in the New Forest. PS Good to meet you in Kent the other weekend, even if the weather was appalling.

Ok that's great :D Yeah was nice to see you too! Shame about the weather, I'd have stayed there longer if it weren't so cold and rainy :(

There will be two of us (am hoping to leave the kids behind!). One or two dogs depending on how brave I feel. One dog, bear or Ice on their own are well behaved. Bring both and Ice squeals like a piglet and pulls a lot if he isn't in the lead. That could get old very quickly! Lol.

Sorry Guys, we wont be able to make it, I have just started a new job and it is crazy around here trying to keep all mouths fed and the house clean. Will try and make another one. hope you have a great time :)

Looks like we are aiming to come down Saturday, returning Sunday but it might depend on a tent. Our current one is pretty much dead and we are looking around for a new one but finances are tight so trying to find a decently made and large enough one for under 100 is proving to be a bit of a challenge. Hope this isn't being too cheeky, but if anyone spots one that is local to them that they think might suit, and would be willing to pick it up and bring it to camp, please let me know as the ones we are looking at on ebay are nowhere near us so we would be relying on it being delivered in time

Looks like we are aiming to come down Saturday' date=' returning Sunday but it might depend on a tent. Our current one is pretty much dead and we are looking around for a new one but finances are tight so trying to find a decently made and large enough one for under 100 is proving to be a bit of a challenge. Hope this isn't being too cheeky, but if anyone spots one that is local to them that they think might suit, and would be willing to pick it up and bring it to camp, please let me know as the ones we are looking at on ebay are nowhere near us so we would be relying on it being delivered in time[/quote']

Have you tried freecycle?

Have you tried freecycle?

I help run 4 of the local groups! Yes I have looked, there are lots of 'wanteds' for tents, but only one offer, placed a week ago which I have replied to. The ones in Halfords etc are pretty rubbish and the only decent camping shop round here has taken down its display tents as it is 'out of season'. Looking to bodge some replacement poles together from a gazebo tomorrow and check the old tent for leaks with a hosepipe

Just as a general note to everyone who hasn't booked yet but may be interested in coming - because we have been given our own field and there isn't a large number of us, we're very very unlikely to run out of space on this field so if you can't get through (or decide to come so late you don't think you'll be able to call to book) then don't worry about just turning up - there'll be plenty of space for you so they won't turn you away ;)

@Molly's_Dad I'll keep an eye out for any decent ones going in my area :) I'm in Gillingham, Kent, if you wanted to have a fish around for anything round here - if you find something just let me know and I'll see if I can get to it :)

Thanks for the offer! We may be in touch, depends on what horrors we find in the tent bag...

Thanks for the offer! We may be in touch' date=' depends on what horrors we find in the tent bag...[/quote']

How about this one? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WYNNSTER-KESTREL-6-MAN-TENT-/200826597920?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_HikingCamping_Tents_JN&hash=item2ec232b220#ht_500wt_1288

Oooh thanks! That looks very good. Going to see what is usable from our current tent tomorrow though

oooh!:) Thanks, hun!

We'll put ours up in the morning when we get back from Bedfont (about 11 am) and if it is no good, we'll consider this one that you've posted.

If anyone else is reading this who is going to camp, please do continue sending links if you are able to pick something up for us on offer that is local to you. (We'll pay Ebay, or you, then collect the tent from camp.)

If this all comes together by the weekend, a good 'family' friend of mine and Molly's (our sibe) may well drop in for a few hours too. :yahoo: