Martin & Lee,

Green Pastures Farm,

Ower,

Romsey,

Hampshire,

SO51 6AJ

enquiries@greenpasturesfarm.com

post-2580-13586049862485_thumb.jpg

Facilities: Green Pastures Caravan Park is easily accessible by car, located just off the M27, and is only a 8-10 minute drive from the nearest train station (Totton) so I'm sure pick-ups could be arranged. The site has modern toilet and shower facilities with full disabled access, and washing and drying facilities on site. There is a shop on site, nice walks including around the New Forest right from the campsite, and they have kindly offered to put a field aside just for us. This field has a fairly sheltered area up one end which will be useful if the weather is bad, and has an area to run rigs along (which the site owners are happy for us to do) up this end too. The site's main field backs onto this field, separated only be a hedge row, so if we need to spill over into this main field for whatever reason we won't be too far away! The site also offers a unique bonus - 4 kennels spaces for dogs available throughout the day for a minimal cost (£6 for 4 hours, then £1 per hour). The owners have also kindly offered to set up a thick ground sheet so we can have an open fire to keep us warm (plenty of wood to scrounge from around the field!) - just watch those dogs around it!

Tariff: £16 per pitch per night, for both tents and caravans. Add £5 for electric hook-up (8 available in 'our' field, expandable to 11 with a cord they can provide us - plenty more electric pitches available in the main field). This £16 is a blanket cost and does not depend on how large your tent is, how many people, kids or dogs are in your tent, etc. Please do not abuse this and arrange to cram 10 people into each tent though ;)

How to Book: Call either of the numbers listed above and quote "Husky-Owners". They'll know the dates, field, rates, etc, so you'll just need to give them your details, and let them know if you want to come earlier and/or stay longer, and whether you want electric hook up or not. Once your booking has been confirmed, please post here so I can keep an up-to-date list of who's definitely attending. If day visitors could also post here letting me know when they're coming that would be great. PLEASE NOTE: If you have difficulty getting through to book, or decide later on that you want to come and don't have time to book, don't worry about just turning up - we have our own field and we aren't going to have filled that with the people already going so they will have room for you there ;)

Site Rules: Pitches are available from 12pm on the day of arrival, and should be vacated by 11am on the day of departure. As this is also a farm there may be livestock nearby (not on the campsite though!) so please be careful to keep dogs away from livestock. Dogs MUST be kept on lead regardless of breed (this is not only a rule imposed by the forum, but a rule of the site as well) and all dog mess must be cleared up immediately. No individual fires (camping stoves allowed), and pitches must be left clean and tidy upon departure. Anyone found to be breaking these rules will not be allowed back to a Husky-Owners camp. But let's not dwell on that and focus on having a fantastic time! :D

-------

Confirmed Bookings:

@Hy'Shqa 1x person 2x dogs - Friday to Monday

@karen c 1x person 1x dog - Friday to Monday

@Icemaiden 2x people 3x dogs - Friday to Monday

@Jane R 2x people 2x dogs - Friday to Monday

@Nomadic-dogs 1x person 2x dogs - Friday to Monday

@Molly's_Dad 2x people 3 dogs - Saturday to Sunday

Day Visitors:

@emma1979 2x people 1/2x dogs - Saturday or Sunday (weather dependent)

Edited by Hy'Shqa

Woo hoo!!

Get your names down peeps :D

im coming!!!!!1 i can give you and your woofs a lift too steph as you will be home by then............ weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

im coming!!!!!1 i can give you and your woofs a lift too steph as you will be home by then............ weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

That would be cool :D

Note for everyone: Don't forget to let me know once you have called the site and confirmed your booking so I can add you to the list of confirmed campers :D

I'll need to check but definitely interested! Haven't been to the New Forest for years but loved it every time

Where did £16 / night come from? Their website lists 13 or 26 for a large tent

Where did £16 / night come from? Their website lists 13 or 26 for a large tent

That £13 a night is for 2 people in a small 2 man tent; no kids, no car, no extra people, etc. I organised a flat rate so that people wouldn't have to worry about costs stacking up. Assuming you and Molly's_Mum both come along with your three dogs, I would assume you'd be in something bigger than a 2 man tent, so you'd actually have to pay the £26 quoted on the website. Most people will be saving money ;) Unless a single person turns up in a small tent with one dog. They, unfortunately, will be paying £3 extra. Nothing wrong with arranging a tent-share though, I did that in October :)

EDIT: When you call to book, let them know you're from Husky-Owners and they'll know the rates we arranged ;)

Ah - ok. I have never measured our tent but as it is 8 berth I guess it would be in the larger price category!

Ah - ok. I have never measured our tent but as it is 8 berth I guess it would be in the larger price category!

Yeah it would be! Lol! Saving £10 p/n there then :P

So it is 16 flat rate regardless? 2 adults, 1 car 3 doogs and possibly a 13 year old

Hope someone takes a rig - we would love to have a go!

So it is 16 flat rate regardless? 2 adults, 1 car 3 doogs and possibly a 13 year old

Hope someone takes a rig - we would love to have a go!

That's right :) The only thing I promised was that we wouldn't take advantage, i.e. we wouldn't be cramming as many people into as few tents as possible ;)

Bump! Anyone booked yet? Don't forget to let me know when you do! [MENTION=5305]karen c[/MENTION] [MENTION=5497]Luna's Mum[/MENTION] [MENTION=5918]Molly's_Dad[/MENTION] [MENTION=6214]vicky4484[/MENTION]

We're up north but think we may travel down south for camp. It's only half an hour away from where my daughter lives

We're up north but think we may travel down south for camp. It's only half an hour away from where my daughter lives

That would be great! The more the merrier! :D

We will be attending for sure! Hopefully I will have a steady job by October and can arrange time off from work to stay the full time.

Excellent! :D Let me know once you're all booked up and I'll add you to the list :)

come on peeps these camps are great, you get to meet other members and sib owners, have lot's of fun. your dogs will love meeting others and play xxxxx go get your names down