What size harness and collar for 10 week old puppy?

Morgen

I have an almost 10 weeks old female husky, I'm currently using a harness my mother got me and I have no idea what size it is but I don't think it will last very much longer. Petco is having a sale and I want to take advantage of it so I've decided to order her a new collar, harness, and leash.

Right now the collar I've decided to go with is Medium; Adjustable From 13"-16" Length, I assume that if its a little big on her as I expect it to be? that I can just poke a hole in it for her size.

Harness wise I'd like to go with Small; 5/8" Width; 16"-26" Girth. Would this be too small?

I don't want to buy something that in just a few weeks she could grow out of, I have the money but I'd like to plan ahead too.

Thats actually the problem, we don't live nearby any pet stores and I'm ordering online. I have no idea how fast she will grow either, this is my first Husky and I got her at 8 weeks old and at 10 weeks she's still the same size.

By the time your dog is about 4/5 months old she will need another harness, then another at around a year, and possibly another sometime after that once she fills out. You're not going to be able to buy one now that will fit her for the rest of her life. You're best bet is to measure her for a harness now if you want one now, but you'll still need a bigger one soon.

The change between the 5 month harness and the 1 year harness shouldn't be too different - for example I measured both my dogs around the chest the other day; Kiska, my 1.5 year old, is 68cm, and Freya, my 5 month old, is 63cm. I think Freya is going to be quite a bit bigger then Kiska when fully grown, but the harness she has now should fit her for at least another year, or until she fills out.

Thats actually the problem, we don't live nearby any pet stores and I'm ordering online. I have no idea how fast she will grow either, this is my first Husky and I got her at 8 weeks old and at 10 weeks she's still the same size.

ok maybe instead talk to [MENTION=685]Sid_Wolf[/MENTION] who runs www.indi-dog.co.uk (forum members get discount) as i think sid can do an adjustable harness that should last a good while as they are VERY adjustable

Thanks [MENTION=95]BingBlaze'n'Skyla[/MENTION]

Yep we do adjustable harnesses & ship to the US, they are made to measure so the measurements you provide us with would be the smallest, so the harness should last until adulthood, depending on how big she gets.

Check out the adjustable harnesses on our site: http://www.indi-dog.co.uk

Jelly is 9 weeks and uses a medium adjustable harness and collar. I don't remember the measurements but medium should last awhile.

She's on the smallest setting for both and the collar is a little big but the harness smallest seems to fit well.

Edit: Her harness is 20" - 28" (51-71 cm)

Edited by Tatipu