Are you going to see the Olympic torch ???????????

Dunc

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I def will not be watching this. I'm a bah humbug as far as the Olympics is concerned. I'm going to have to contend with increased road and public transport traffic and being based in a London Borough the delights of having to pay for this in my council tax for years to come. It's already high so who knows how much it's going to be. Benefits received from paying this none including having to put up with Tornado jets and Sea King helicopters taking off close by. For those who want to enjoy it fine, but don't count me in.

No mention of fitting missiles to our roof!

• 2 weeks later...

I have to be honest, i am sooo sick of hearing about the olympics, but i think thats because ive been working on it for the last 3 years.

If i had had no involvement i think i would be extremely interested to get tickets, not for the events, but so i could go and see the venues.

as for the torch, not quite sure why they are doing the relay, but i think its nice they are trying to make people who dont live near london involved. no sure if it has work though lol

well my kids saw it this morning, I stll can't drive with my dodgy wrist well I probably could but have been told by allsorts not too. However I walked to the end of the road to see the convoy going past and nearly missed it cos the motorbike policeman was asking about Storm so I was too busy talking. did get a wave from someone on one of the buses though.

I have to be honest, i am sooo sick of hearing about the olympics, but i think thats because ive been working on it for the last 3 years.

If i had had no involvement i think i would be extremely interested to get tickets, not for the events, but so i could go and see the venues.

as for the torch, not quite sure why they are doing the relay, but i think its nice they are trying to make people who dont live near london involved. no sure if it has work though lol

Why the hell has the Olympic Torch been traipsed around a foreign country.

If they're going to send it to Ireland why not jog it around France too.

You don't really want a answer do you...........

Because they do this at every country that hold the games before it starts :)

Because they do this at every country that hold the games before it starts :)

oh, i didnt know this, so its tradition then, that makes more sense lol .

this is the 1st olympics i have ever paid attention to so am very much a dumb and dumber on the subject lol.

Yeah, I'd love to know the logical reason they've taken it to a country that wants nothing to do with Britain and even wants to take part of the UK back.

Please, enlighten me Dunc

I know and knew what you was rising to but as with Scotland where the torch is now while Northern Ireland is in the UK and part of Great Britain why should they not take part ?

I know and knew what you was rising to but as with Scotland where the torch is now while Northern Ireland is in the UK and part of Great Britain why should they not take part ?

I'm not talking about Northern Ireland, It went to the Republic of Ireland, (another country altogether)

I will be going to Haverhill on the 7th July to watch friend and team mate carry the torch through her village.

Yes I'm excited about it, and I don't get the people who are bah humbug about it all. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for the people in this country to have something so huge and amazing happen close by them (unless you're reallllly old and remember it first time round!) Where's your sense of British pride and admiration for those people who have worked extremely hard day in day out for the last few months/years to be the best they can be for their sport?

Ok I might be slightly biased in this, but having the Games here is a big deal for the British athletes, we should have the whole of the nation cheering us on and it's something we will remember forever.

Just my 2p.