Feeding Amount for 6 Month Old

Currently we are feeding our 6 month old 2 cups over the course of three meals a day (2/3 cup each meal) of Orijen 6 Fish (480kcals/cup). She weighs 28lbs. Does this seem like enough or should we give her more. Stools are firm. We want to switch her to two meals a day is now ok and how do we go about doing it.

Also We have a rescue that they thought was about 2 years old when we got him three weeks ago and he's on the same food getting 1 1/3 cups twice a day. He's about 53 lbs.

Currently we are feeding our 6 month old 2 cups over the course of three meals a day (2/3 cup each meal) of Orijen 6 Fish (480kcals/cup). She weighs 28lbs. Does this seem like enough or should we give her more. Stools are firm. We want to switch her to two meals a day is now ok and how do we go about doing it.

Also We have a rescue that they thought was about 2 years old when we got him three weeks ago and he's on the same food getting 1 1/3 cups twice a day. He's about 53 lbs.

I think it really depends on the dog. Nikko is 5 1/2 months old and I feed him 1 cup twice a day, 6am & 6pm. His stools are mostly firm. But I also give him treats too, like carrots, chicken and pumpkin, along with his training treats.

He is 45lbs but he is big for his age. I have been feeding him only twice a day for about 6 weeks.

If they are healthy and not putting weight on too fast, and stools are firm, seems fine. We've been feeding Zoya 1 cup twice a day since she was about ten months old. That's how much we feed her now, at almost 4 years old.

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.