eye color

what age did your sibe's eyes stop changing colors?

Luka's mommy has beautiful warm, brown eyes and his dad has pretty ice blue eyes. when we saw pictures from the breeder we noticed his eyes were dark blue. from what i've heard this means they were going to turn brown. correct me if i'm wrong. i'm including a picture of what exactly i mean.

post-7406-1358604202899_thumb.png

well he's nine weeks old now and the edges of his eyes have stayed greenish/brown. but the centers have changed to lighter blue. (more like ice blue) so now i have no idea what color they're going to be!? lol it doesn't matter to me either way, i'm just dying of curiosity.

ill have to upload a pic of his eyes now, so you can see what i mean. it's hard to get him still enough to get a pic of his eyes. :P

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zoya had deep sapphire blue eyes at 9 weeks when we picked her up. At about 4 months her eyes quickly changed to ice blue, and have stayed that color

Sent from my HTC Desire using forumrunner.

Well this is Marius' eyes at 9/10 weeks ( no his eyes are not photoshopped they are a little enhanced because I think I had vivid colors on, on my camera. I remember when I looked in his crate when I picked him up at the airport his eye color shocked me because they were soooooo blue)

post-5415-13586042146882_thumb.jpg

And this is his eyes now at 1yr

post-5415-13586042148114_thumb.jpg

They do change I think yours will end up as blue because they seem to look blue still at 9 weeks. Even at 3.5 weeks you can see how blue eyes definitely look blue and still at 6 weeks.

post-5415-13586042151003_thumb.jpg

post-5415-1358604215075_thumb.jpg

Edited by Michelle Melsom

I would also say that they'll be blue... Brown eyes tend to definitely look more brown than blue by 9 weeks, although sometimes you can't see if an eye is going to be parti-colored at this age, and you may not be able to tell how dark or light of a blue or brown the eyes will be...

I would also say that they'll be blue... Brown eyes tend to definitely look more brown than blue by 9 weeks, although sometimes you can't see if an eye is going to be parti-colored at this age, and you may not be able to tell how dark or light of a blue or brown the eyes will be...

that's what i was wondering is if one eye was going to be parti-colored. i can def see brown but then its like the blue is lightening up instead of darkening to brown. i'm going to upload a recent pic of his eyes this afternoon. the pic i included he was 7 weeks.

I've always found siberian eyes so fascinating. I wondered the same thing about my little girl, her dad was ice blue, her mom was one brown eye, one parti(blue-brown) eye. Alot of the pups eyes in her litter started changing colors already at 4 weeks. Hers have seemed to stay blue!

Can't wait to see the picture you upload this afternoon! haha Luka is just so cute!

[ATTACH]44551[/ATTACH] This is the best I could get of the Little brat. ;) see how the blue is getting lighter but there's more brown. They've stayed the exact same for two weeks now.

Little Luka is so adorable, and you did a fabulous job with getting those beautiful eyes conveyed through photo, we can see what you mean. It could be very possible that Little Luka is going to have a special kind of Parti-eye in both! In any event, they're gorgeous and quite striking to behold! Maybe others have input since your upload.

This is the best I could get of the Little brat. ;) see how the blue is getting lighter but there's more brown. They've stayed the exact same for two weeks now.

:jawdrop: what a change! Gotta vote for parti-eyed now... oh gosh what beautiful eyes

thanks! that's what i was thinking is that theyre just going to wind up being both colors. i love them though!

is it just me or did her other eye (the non-parti colored one) turned entirely brown? O_O what a speedy change! You better save these pics! New members often come up with questions about changes in a husky pup during growth and this pic is a PERFECT example of how big of a change it'll be :D

no they are both the exact same. parti-colored in both. shadowing is probably making it look darker. that's what surprises me, is both eyes look like that! yeah, they def change A LOT. he's growing like a weed.

you know what you have just made me curious about this LOL can't wait to see him grow up! :D it is actually rare for a dog to have parti-eyes in both eyes O_O

When we first got Moro his eyes were so dark I thought they might be black ( I was a newb ). His eyes have slowly become a golden amber/brown. I love them. In a crazy way the GSD has the same color eyes....Moro's eyes are my favorite out of all our doggies.

post-6550-13586042630277_thumb.jpg

post-6550-135860426173_thumb.jpg

post-6550-13586042624382_thumb.jpg