Free help offered for those taking English/Maths/Science exams soon

I wasn't sure where else to post this, but if there are parents, adult learners or youngsters needing last minute help with English/English Literature, Physics, Maths, Geology or Sociology (GCSE) exams, feel free to ask me or Molly's_dad for help.

Best of luck to all sitting exams at the moment.x

very generous offer xx

It is a very nail-biting time for anyone taking exams (and they've just kicked off here in the UK), so happy to help out where I can for our members. ;)Indeed, Molly's_dad, being that much more educated than me, will be on offer for a lot more subjects than me.:D

I knew you wouldn't mind - you spend more of your free time on here than anywhere else' date=' so what's the problem?..That was a rhetorical question btw!:D[/quote']

Coz when I am helping people with exam stuff I am not on here?:P

That's really kind of you both. May have to take you up on that offer if my son actually communicates with me at some point in time.

Good luck with that lol! We have two boys (now 25 + 20) go through that stage and a daughter who is 12 and getting that way

I know you do during exam time, but do you offer help with English during alcohol time? This is when I tend to struggle. Is this because I dont revise beforehand? Should I be getting in more practice sessions?

What is 'alcohol time' - that could be anytime!

Help is available anytime (for a fee - mainly involving alcohol and / or chocolate).

More practice sessions are normally a good idea.

Despite being the mathematician physicist / geologist / geophysicist round here, I was the proof reader / editor for all of *a certain person's* essays for her sociology degree and for her 'English' lesson plans for the last 9 years of teaching

Excuse any spellings at this time of night

Edited by Molly's_Dad

Help is available anytime (for a fee - mainly involving alcohol and / or chocolate). More practice sessions are normally a good idea. Despite being the mathematician physicist / geologist / geophisicist round here' date=' I was the proof reader / editor for all of *a certain person's* essays for her sociology degree and for her 'English' lesson plans[/quote']

See all I read from that was your more of a smart arse than I am LOL ...... Sorry but I gotta get one in. Its usually me copping for that comment LMAO

Smart arse? - how dare you lol? I have proof read / edited 3 years of Sociology essays (before I was a uni student) and most of her lesson plans / schemes of work since then despite being a student of a somewhat different discipline, although some would argue that mathematics & 'English' share a common formulaic structure. Having then spent 4 years studying Maths and 3 years studying Geology & Geophysics I think that 'her' offer of my 'services' is justified, subject to choclate supplies, that is!

Smart arse? - how dare you lol? I have proof read / edited 3 years of Sociology essays (before I was a uni student) and most of her lesson plans / schemes of work since then despite being a student of a somewhat different discipline' date=' although some would argue that mathematics & 'English' share a common formulaic structure. Having then spent 4 years studying Maths and 3 years studying Geology & Geophysics I think that 'her' offer of my 'services' is justified, subject to choclate supplies, that is![/quote']

And I have the similar experience, only in technology. Doesnt stop people callin me a smart arse LMAO

i was only ever interested in the chemistry of blowing stuff up - is that any good for your exam?

@Molly's Dad For goodness sake when you meet Richard don't tell him any of this. He's studying a PhD in Chemistry and I would dread to think what he would get up to. His Grandfather, my Father's claim to fame was that he could blow up drystone walls in Yorkshire as a kid by just using ingredients found in a household. He also burnt down a haystack. Lucky my Grandfather was a well respected Bank Manager so he got away without getting a criminal record.

PS Do you fancy writing some lesson plans and Schemes of Work for me????? Will pay your Business Manager Molly in chicken carcusses and chew sticks!!!