A Day to remember

Wow what an experience and a priviledge to help out a friend while his staffy gave birth to 5 pups ... Got a phone call while out on the Croxteth Park meet from a paniced friend who thought his dog was going into labour.. Handed him over to my friend Dan who was brilliant ' thanks Dan' who gave him some tips to watch out for. On returning from our night walk I sat down to have my toast and tea when the phone rang and Paul in a panic shouted 'she's had a pup and I don't know what to do!' I shouted 'neither do I but I'll be round in a mo!'

I arrived to find a very calm mum and a puppy suckling on her and she was cleaning... I stayed and calmed him down until 12.30 and then as there was no more signs said I was going home and to ring me if anything was up... well I got text to say the next pup was born at 2.30am and the third at 3.30am. all was well until the fourth pup arrived not breathing!!! I advised him to rub it with a towel and raced around like a shot... to find that the mum had taken the pup off him and revived it herself.. nature is so precious :) I stayed with him then until Paul's mum and dad arrived around 6.30am and then went home and had a shower and tried to go to work like a regular day... WOW what an experience...... A day to remember :)

post-5129-1358604021827_thumb.jpg

post-5129-13586040217265_thumb.jpg

His fear was shed need a c section as it was an accidental mating and the dad is this monster :/

5ec20aad-07d1-2a92.jpg

You can see mum above she is a staffy

and I was about to ask why the pups are black/white while mom is light-colored :eek: that's a gorgeous daddy! American Pitbull Terrier? What a huge boy :cool: