My name is Brad! I have an 8 week old Husky.

I have had Peanut, the Husky, since April 21st.

post-7726-13586040122129_thumb.jpg

He was born on the 4th of March. I am thrilled to have him as a pet and a friend. I havent every owned a husky nor a puppy so I am very green to this. My roommate has Peanut's brother, Bandit.

post-7726-13586040122759_thumb.jpg

They have been together since birth and they love playing with each other all the time. I dont know how to house train them or much like that. I only know how to tell them know when they do it. It seems to work a little bit but now they act like they are "digging" in their water bowl and getting the kitchen soaked.

I am currently building a 6' fence for my back yard so they can have alot of room to play while I am at work. If ya'll have any pointers for me please let me know!

Thanks!!

post-7726-13586040124038_thumb.jpg

post-7726-13586040121297_thumb.jpg

post-7726-13586040123401_thumb.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had Peanut, the Husky, since April 21st.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43462[/ATTACH]

He was born on the 4th of March. I am thrilled to have him as a pet and a friend. I havent every owned a husky nor a puppy so I am very green to this. My roommate has Peanut's brother, Bandit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43463[/ATTACH]

They have been together since birth and they love playing with each other all the time. I dont know how to house train them or much like that. I only know how to tell them know when they do it. It seems to work a little bit but now they act like they are "digging" in their water bowl and getting the kitchen soaked.

I am currently building a 6' fence for my back yard so they can have alot of room to play while I am at work. If ya'll have any pointers for me please let me know!

Thanks!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43464[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]43465[/ATTACH]

Omg looks so much like Meeka ( only a boy!!)

post-7252-13586040160689_thumb.jpg

Fence pointers: Take the extra time and spend the extra money to lay concrete around the base so they can't very easily dig out. Also say farewell to your grass.

Potty training pointers: Be consistant...be patient...consider crate training.

Hello, my name is Al and I'm a Husky owner! < wait, wait! Wrong format or the wrong place!! >>

'course since we're all addicted to our Husky's so I don't think the Husky Anonymous introduction is too far fetched!!

Hey [MENTION=7726]inkpen00[/MENTION], Welcome to the best Husky forum you're going to find, and by far the largest. Since you haven't already, Brad, would you mind filling in the location on your profile. Since there are something like 6,500 of us scattered across the globe it often helps if we know where you are when we try to provide answers.

Fence pointers: Take the extra time and spend the extra money to lay concrete around the base so they can't very easily dig out. Also say farewell to your grass.

Potty training pointers: Be consistent...be patient...consider crate training.

I definitely recommend crate training them! It makes it so much easier! Good luck and they are beautiful pups :)

Welcome!! I'm a new husky owner too we get to bring our girl home on the 23rd! Your pups are gorgeous!!! You are going to have so much fun with them!!! Best of luck to you. I agree with trying to crate train them. I think it's a good idea not only does it make potty training easier, but if you don't trust your husky alone in your house while your out for a couple hours you have the option of putting them in their crate :) Or if you are traveling, the crate provides them a safe place to be in the car or on a plane.

welcome! Glad to have you here :D your boys are very cute <3

Since you are very new to the world of dog-owning, please feel free to post questions in our forum. Never feel guilty just because you posted too much :) remember: there's no such thing as too much! We're all here to help you ;)

btw, you do realize you've picked "the wrong breed" as a starter dog don't you :rolleyes: no offense, my first dog is a husky too :)

Welcome! Your two huskies are GORGEOUS!

A 6ft fence is a good idea... I have one myself. However, I never leave the huskies in my yard unsupervised for long periods of time. First off, they would dig dig dig and I would have no yard left, lol. Secondly, it they got bored enough, I think they would really try to escape. Huskies are the Harry Houdinis of the dog world after all, lol.

Good luck to you and your roommate. I look forward to watching your pups grow!

Welcome! Your two huskies are GORGEOUS!

A 6ft fence is a good idea... I have one myself. However, I never leave the huskies in my yard unsupervised for long periods of time. First off, they would dig dig dig and I would have no yard left, lol. Secondly, it they got bored enough, I think they would really try to escape. Huskies are the Harry Houdinis of the dog world after all, lol.

Good luck to you and your roommate. I look forward to watching your pups grow!

Along with the digging I wouldn't leave them unsupervised in the back yard because I have heard too many stories of people stealing huskies right out of the backyards of their homes. It's sad that there are people out there who really do this and have no care that they are stealing a family member.

Along with the digging I wouldn't leave them unsupervised in the back yard because I have heard too many stories of people stealing huskies right out of the backyards of their homes. It's sad that there are people out there who really do this and have no care that they are stealing a family member.

Excellent point!

Excellent point!

The husky rescue group here scared me when we went to pick up to pups my family adopted and they told me to watch out and always have my eye on Kyra when she is outside because with her color they wouldn't be surprised if someone just came up and took her. My boyfriend said we wouldn't have to worry about that in our neighborhood but better safe than sorry. I couldn't imagine losing my little girl and if someone managed to take her (which if they did I would see them do it) I wouldn't make it easy for them. Nobody messes with my baby.