adopting a Norwegian Elkhound, what to expect

oh wow congratulations! I've no experience with them at all but wish you all the best :)

Thank you. He seems like a sweet puppy. I thought Maverick might want someone to play with that was similar in size (eventually) instead of the poor cat.

Congratulations. I haven't got any personal experiences to share but have you tried wikkipedia? I know it's not always 100% reliable but should throw up some useful info? SorryI can't post a link but I'm on my phone so currently limited actions wise.

I feel so lucky we have such a diversity of dog parks here I've met a large array of dogs and an two Elkhounds are included LOL. They are amazing dogs loyal, loving, and very well rounded when raised properly like any dog. They can most definitely hold their own to a husky and even out play them lol. Kiana was very happy to play with the ones at our smaller dog park until they tired her out and still wanted to play. The owner also runs his hounds in a rig which I was sooooo jealous of LOL. I have to admit this would be the next breed I"d want to own when the time is right I was rather impressed with the ones at our park. They are very active dogs to so if your into walking and hiking alot they also make an excellent companion with a husky :) Good luck and keep the pics coming just love this breed <3