Kiara - so guilty

This morning I lost my baby kitten (I say kitten she was 2 and a half). Kiara was the 1st pet I ever had that was my own and she was a Christmas present when she was just 8 weeks old. She slept in my bed almost every night since I brought her home just over 2 years ago. This morning when I took the dogs out she slipped out too. I didn't notice and I tool the dogs to the other side of the main road. Kiara thought she would come to and would always come with us on dog walks (yes I was the crazy lady in the village being dragged along by 2 husky's and being followed by a cat). This morning at 8:30am she tried to get to her mummy and was hit by a car. I knew instantly that she hadn't made it. I live in a small village and was just meters from my front door. I got her in the house and the guilt was and still is weighing heavily on me. I should have been more careful that she didn't get out this morning, I am completely devastated. My heart is broken and I don't think I'll ever truly forgive myself. My baby-Kiara. At least you didn't suffer. I will miss you each and every day of my life. Xxxx rest in peace

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

She is a kelpie. So I have been told? She's my oh s dog that I have adopted. Is your one?

when I got her at 7 months I was just told collie cross, but has definite Kelpie characteristics, I will try to find a decent pic of her.

sorry for stealing a bit of such a sad thread, but I haven't met any other dogs like my Gem and was curious. Then realised I was being very insensitive after your very sad loss. Really sorry

No problem. Makes me feel better that people are reading it, u lot are a supportive bunch - oh dear here I go again *slopes off to find tissue*

Thanks Everyone xxx

No problem. Makes me feel better that people are reading it, u lot are a supportive bunch - oh dear here I go again *slopes off to find tissue*

Thanks Everyone xxx

use hubby's sleeve xxxx

BIG HUGS xxxx